The Beginning and the end of F.O.A.

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Saxondog
Captain

The Beginning and the end of F.O.A.

Post by Saxondog »

Last night I received an e-mail from someone I respect very much, Randy "CRIT" Killen. Who together with his Navy Veteran father also known as Crit Killen designed, created,manufactured and built the unique Field of Armor product line. There TIGER I was a fantastic foundation for many fine builds.

Now the news I am sad to report, this may never be seen again. If so it will only be because a young man (Randy), and his dad(Crit) had a vision.

They worked very hard without massive resources and created a fine product for us all.

Eventually growing into the Metal series of Field of Armor product line of German Tanks and AFV's.

The product remains, but the 'GENIUS" of the ENGINEERING and DESIGN skills are lost to us as evidenced by recent post.

These pictures are the first TIGERS of the Original Field of Armor company. The production "KIT" of the Tiger I Tank. With the two creators Randy Killen and his father Crit Killen who passed away in 2012. That event inadvertently causing the demise of Field of Armor.

His presence no longer active our community, he has moved on after his father's passing and the acquisition of the F.O.A. Inventory by another company called Field of Armor "Tanks".

Still this is an amazing photo, the production run of Tigers from the factory painted and ready for delivery to front-line Hobbyist.
TIGER #1 Leads the company from the factory as "Crit Killen watches.
TIGER #1 Leads the company from the factory as "Crit Killen watches.
Randy lined up the entire first production run for this once in a lifetime photo.
Randy lined up the entire first production run for this once in a lifetime photo.
Randy states he still has the TIGER #1 yet his many other creations were acquired when the company became Field of Armor "TANKS". leaving Randy but one of his many creative builds after so many years of hard work and days of Masterful building. I have yet to see the quality or Historical accuracy repeated by the new Team@ Field of Armor TANKS Sandy Utah LLC.

There post on this forum present information beyond my ability to detail here in Hobby News.

Randy has moved on and will be sharing his new designs with us in the near future.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Saxondog
Captain

Re: The Beginning and the end of F.O.A.

Post by Saxondog »

Guys this man has skills, check this out,
Another build by Randy and his Dad.
Another build by Randy and his Dad.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people

Return to “Hobby News”