Question regarding my new taigen tank, help appreciated

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Re: Question regarding my new taigen tank, help appreciated

Post by Markocaster »

ALPHA wrote:
Markocaster wrote:
ALPHA wrote: Outstanding Mark... hope the next one comes in better shape..I would urge you to open it up and at least lube the gears...better yet ask if Gene can do it for you ;)
sounds like a good company...I might have to look into them...do they carry detail/upgrade parts?
ALPHA
Gene was most helpful. He is a tanker himself and chatted with me for a bit about the hobby.
He does indeed sell detail/upgrade parts for Taigen and Tamiya.
He has a nice website. It also has a couple of tank builds featured step by step with good tips.
Once my New Tiger arrives I am going to order some upgrade parts and paints , weathering supplies from him :)
ALPHA are you in the US also?
Mark
Yes .. right across the Pacific... on a rock in the Hawaiian chain...Oahu :D RC tanks shops are scarce here... tough to locate good vendors..everything is pretty much seek and search... and even though this board has a good listing of recommended sellers... several are in Germany the UK..and China..I have found some on the mainland..but several don't service Hawaii ... so I will definitely give this guy a look :thumbup:

Thanks Mark :D

ALPHA
Lucky Man :) the little lady and I love Hawaii. When we finally tie the knot I think it will be on one if the islands :) we have been to Maui,Oahu and Kona so far :)
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

ALPHA wrote:
Markocaster wrote:It's back! And works perfectly!!
Gene at Artistic Hobbies is awesome, some sellers would have said it was my fault, he took care of it, upgraded to black metal gears and tested it before returning it to me!
:)
Can't say enough good things about that.
Now back to chasing the cat :D
Terrific News Mark! :thumbup: Now the fun really begins......

What you gonna shoot first? ;) ................ :haha:

ALPHA
Why the cats of
Course :) !!!
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
1/10 Jagdpanther
daveglw
Recruit

Post by daveglw »

first thing I did when started with rc tanks was buy 2 spare 3000 batteries and a fast charger, I have 4 models, 2 full metal taigen and 2 metal upgrade taigen. all of these worked out of the box with a few minor niggles of bits falling off. Also upgraded one crystal to 2.4 control ( 5 minute fit no issues). Quite amusing when your brand new model travels 10 feet and 3 wheels fall off ! easily remedied though.

But, to arrive at 4 working models, I have returned 3. ranging from......smoke issuing from the body on first power on, another one motor was jammed and the third only had a range of less than 10ft !. To be honest I expect some sort of issue on delivery, overall, very pleased with the taigen, much preferring full metal options. using different suppliers, all have taken returns no issues, refunds where necessary
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

daveglw wrote:first thing I did when started with rc tanks was buy 2 spare 3000 batteries and a fast charger, I have 4 models, 2 full metal taigen and 2 metal upgrade taigen. all of these worked out of the box with a few minor niggles of bits falling off. Also upgraded one crystal to 2.4 control ( 5 minute fit no issues). Quite amusing when your brand new model travels 10 feet and 3 wheels fall off ! easily remedied though.

But, to arrive at 4 working models, I have returned 3. ranging from......smoke issuing from the body on first power on, another one motor was jammed and the third only had a range of less than 10ft !. To be honest I expect some sort of issue on delivery, overall, very pleased with the taigen, much preferring full metal options. using different suppliers, all have taken returns no issues, refunds where necessary

Cheers Dave :D
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
1/10 Jagdpanther
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Markocaster wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
Markocaster wrote: Gene was most helpful. He is a tanker himself and chatted with me for a bit about the hobby.
He does indeed sell detail/upgrade parts for Taigen and Tamiya.
He has a nice website. It also has a couple of tank builds featured step by step with good tips.
Once my New Tiger arrives I am going to order some upgrade parts and paints , weathering supplies from him :)
ALPHA are you in the US also?
Mark
Yes .. right across the Pacific... on a rock in the Hawaiian chain...Oahu RC tanks shops are scarce here... tough to locate good vendors..everything is pretty much seek and search... and even though this board has a good listing of recommended sellers... several are in Germany the UK..and China..I have found some on the mainland..but several don't service Hawaii ... so I will definitely give this guy a look :thumbup:

Thanks Mark

ALPHA
Lucky Man :) the little lady and I love Hawaii. When we finally tie the knot I think it will be on one if the islands :) we have been to Maui,Oahu and Kona so far :)
:haha: :haha: ..Pros and Cons here in Hawaii... weather is great... politics suck.... the worst thing is ... RC tanks is not big here... for some reason everyone likes helicopters and (making a comeback) Airplanes.... so parts for those are plentiful... Tanks ... nothing :thumbdown:
But this board makes the world a lot smaller... even met a fellow modeller that lives about 20 miles or so away...and if you do get hitched... Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii would be my recommendation...or Kauai :D

Carpe Diem MarkImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Markocaster wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
Markocaster wrote:It's back! And works perfectly!!
Gene at Artistic Hobbies is awesome, some sellers would have said it was my fault, he took care of it, upgraded to black metal gears and tested it before returning it to me!
:)
Can't say enough good things about that.
Now back to chasing the cat :D
Terrific News Mark! :thumbup: Now the fun really begins......

What you gonna shoot first? ;) ................ :haha:

ALPHA
Why the cats of
Course :) !!!
ImageImageImageImage
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

ALPHA wrote:
Markocaster wrote:
ALPHA wrote: Yes .. right across the Pacific... on a rock in the Hawaiian chain...Oahu RC tanks shops are scarce here... tough to locate good vendors..everything is pretty much seek and search... and even though this board has a good listing of recommended sellers... several are in Germany the UK..and China..I have found some on the mainland..but several don't service Hawaii ... so I will definitely give this guy a look :thumbup:

Thanks Mark

ALPHA
:haha: :haha: ..Pros and Cons here in Hawaii... weather is great... politics suck.... the worst thing is ... RC tanks is not big here... for some reason everyone likes helicopters and (making a comeback) Airplanes.... so parts for those are plentiful... Tanks ... nothing :thumbdown:
But this board makes the world a lot smaller... even met a fellow modeller that lives about 20 miles or so away...and if you do get hitched... Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii would be my recommendation...or Kauai :D

Carpe Diem MarkImage

ALPHA
ALPHA we set a date, July on Maui in the town of Lahinah :)
Cheers
Mark
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
1/10 Jagdpanther
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Markocaster wrote:
ALPHA we set a date, July on Maui in the town of Lahinah :)
Cheers
Mark
My God Mark... that's right down the road ...time wise :O ....You're fiance is very wise... as the two board members that live here... are on Oahu :haha:

Maui is a nice place... lots of nice scenery to be taken in ...Be sure to catch the sunset or rise on Haleakala ... :D

Congratulations Mark :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “General Questions”