Henglong or WSN Tiger I

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
TKcommander
Corporal

Re: Henglong or WSN Tiger I

Post by TKcommander »

doombar wrote:well this topic has put me off getting a wsn or Hong leng tank for life and I am getting a Tamiya tank ( don't know which one yet) when I have saved up enough pocket money from what i don't spend in the sweat shop and pub, this topic is enough to put a newbie off RC tanks for good
This thread put me off my supper!!!! :haha:

Don't know what it is about Tams, but I don't regret experiencing the ones I have. I think on the sound alone you would be happy on your decision, I am a newbie, last few weeks working on my M4 have highlighted that to me in style and now firmly believe that Tams are a better option for a beginner who wants a better quality finish without the hassle.

Stick with it Doombar, tanks are fun, and forums .... well.... forums are forums!!!!! :eh:
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
I have read through all of this and while bothered by the irritation displayed, I can understand it as Brand Pride. Plus, it was all based on trying to help a tanker make the best decision based on our oft times scant tanking dollars\pounds,kopecks, etc. Myself, I love them all and would love multiples of each. ;o) No tank crosses my doorstep and remains unaltered any longer. I have my inner vision of what it should look like and strive to copy that template onto it in scale. I suspect strongly that we are all like that. Even Tamiyas get weathering and period\unit specific details, paint and weathering. This is how it really should be to help keep our shared Hobby healthy. It would be really boring if we all just bought\built the same tank out of the box over and over again. Enjoy the variety available out there, my friends. It did not use to be that we had so much available.
Keep tanking!
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

I agree entirely with you Painless and I also agree with Alpha out of the box fun its a Heng Long world... all models have pros n cons... with a family I know I cant justify a big layout for a Tamiya, one day I will so I can see how good I can get it. Untill then I'll buy and modify what I want... It may seem an argument to some but its a passion with us otherwise we wouldnt be here theres no malice just a belief in a great fun hobby
I'm manning the gun's ! Who's driving ?
stug 85
Corporal

Post by stug 85 »

To be honest with you all I have had enough I dont often post but when I do I have watched it go down the page with no replys from anyone and when I do put my own honest opinion it gets shot down insulted and the group I am in get insulted and I get accused of being in a pack I have about twenty running vehicles some not so rare some super rare like my 1/16 rc schwimmwagen and there are not many people on this forum that have seen them and this is one reason, so as far as I'm concerend I have had enough of forums I have no idea what people have got against me or my group so I am staying well away from now on
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

now now old chap
we know your talents, but don't be put off ,keep on, put some of your work in picture and let others see what you are made of, mark
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Wow... I had a busy weekend and just now read all of this... Sorry everyone, did not mean to stir the shi*!

I never realized what a sensitive subject it was.

Remember that for me it is all about looks. I do primarily "look" at my models as I have little time to play with them and I enjoy the building process more anyway.

That said my choice is clear, WSN or Tamiya for the Tiger I

That is not a knock on Heng Long at all, I own FAR more Heng Longs than any other type as they are simply because they are the only makers of many tanks like the Stug III and they are the only option for chassis to make all the rare builds like the numerous Mk IV conversions and KV conversions.

I value everyone's input, please don't stoop to personal attacks to make a point.. Remember the whole point of forums is for people of alike minds can gather and talk about something we all love, so if we all lived in the same area we would all likely be best friends and hang out together. I have much more in common with most of you guys than I do with the average person in the local bar or pub. I am happy to have you all to talk to everyday!

Return to “General Questions”