Henglong or WSN Tiger I

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
stug 85
Corporal

Re: Henglong or WSN Tiger I

Post by stug 85 »

I have to stand up for nick here I have witnessed his wsn tiger go through long grass with the standard gearboxes and metal tracks no probs the detail is way better than a heng long there is nowt wrong with the suspension where as I have broken suspension arms on the heng long I have a hobby boss/asiatam hybrid and a heng long with an asiatam hull and have put the hobby boss/wsn wheels on the hull no probs
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

Yes got to admit Nicks Tiger just keeps on running! I have a wsn not used it as im going to graft the top hull onto a asiatam lower hull that way i dont have the hassel of chopping up a henglong hull again to correct all the bad mistakes on it! Even the turret is the wrong shape but the wsn is bob on!
After doing my henglong tiger and correting everything even fitted a tamiya turret its not a road ill be going down again!
The full metal mato mybe strong but the turret is still the wrong shape and still has two anntena tubes on both sides of the hull instead of the one!
I wouldent fancy trying to dremmel them off!!! :S
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

The Tank Man wrote:Yes got to admit Nicks Tiger just keeps on running! I have a wsn not used it as im going to graft the top hull onto a asiatam lower hull that way i dont have the hassel of chopping up a henglong hull again to correct all the bad mistakes on it! Even the turret is the wrong shape but the wsn is bob on!
After doing my henglong tiger and correting everything even fitted a tamiya turret its not a road ill be going down again!
The full metal mato mybe strong but the turret is still the wrong shape and still has two anntena tubes on both sides of the hull instead of the one!
I wouldent fancy trying to dremmel them off!!! :S
I'm doing this too Gary! Best of all worlds IMO. Alpha, I'm not slagging the HL off at all but the WSN would be my preference. I forgot to add they have decent closed pin tracks.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Sorry guys.. I find this conversation hilarious... I've had my experience with the WSNs.. but I don't promote them... I wouldn't recommend them as a sound buy...I know you all are veterans to the Hobby where I am a mere beginner
But I do know value... and for the money...the WSNs just aren't there..not for me anyway... like I said..I don't care about the looks.. I don't go around carrying calipers and micrometers with me to measure every centimeter ...not to mention... I'm not only going to "look" at the tank

You don't need to take my word for it... check the global picture... Heng Longs are still one of the top selling Tanks... and their Tiger still resides as No1 in many peoples eyes ...and I need not mention the fact that all you have to do is check Youtube... stock WSNs are pretty non existent... Heng Longs are forever... there are so many videos of project tanks as well as stock...

Bottom line for me is... if I did get a WSN ..it would have to be for a song...like 20 bucks or so... just so I could strip it and mount the upper on a better Lower...the most prominent "not buy" point for me... double A batteries :thumbdown:

So really break it down... what the Heng Long comes with and what the WSN comes with... it's the reason the price is so low.. because out of the box..you basically got a shelf queen...which means you have to dump at least another saw buck on it to bring it up to snuff... and that doesn't include the battery mod still..plus the labor you have to put in it.

All tanks need something in my opinion even the Tamiya ...this board is proof... So if you are willing to dump the time and money into a model... does it really mater?

The subject is a joke to me...which is better should not be the question... as Heng Long gives you more than the WSN...the question should be "what do you prefer" and "are you a modeller or a nit picker" ....because modellers will do the detail work without blinking an eye...a nit picker will say something is better because it "looks" better not because it truly is...and the proof is here as well.. right on this thread... as many have said the detail is great... THE DETAIL? :haha: :haha: :haha:

IF I WANTED A SUPER DETAILED TANK.. I'D STICK WITH STATICS ImageImageImage

Thanks for the laugh gents ...but no WSNs for me Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

This story could go on to which is better ... the WSN T34 or the Heng Long T34 ? :haha: :haha: :haha:

The answer would be the same for me... the WSN is Prettier... but the Heng Long is by far the better tank :D

ALPHA
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

Your argument Alpha is that of a child and borders on being insulting and is very immature, just because there are lots of a thing dosnt make it superior , you imply you are superior because you use your tanks and in what way? We use our Tanks , yes they are more accurate than yours because we like many on here like to get the models as accurate as we can. If you don't like people modelling why bother to be on here, I realise you you approach it from a different area which is fine. But to suggest that anyone on here who adds to there model either by detailing or by modifying is a lesser person or a nit picker, just manages to show a very narrow point of view
I'm manning the gun's ! Who's driving ?
stug 85
Corporal

Post by stug 85 »

I'm so glad you find our opinions funny that was the reason I posted it NOT!!!!!! The reason for the ammount of heng long vids is the ammount of heng longs out there I think in the future I will avoid posting my opinion as to avoid being insulted yes you are entitled to yours but you should not use it to insult people
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

NickDonitz wrote:Your argument Alpha is that of a child and borders on being insulting and is very immature, just because there are lots of a thing dosnt make it superior , you imply you are superior because you use your tanks and in what way? We use our Tanks , yes they are more accurate than yours because we like many on here like to get the models as accurate as we can. If you don't like people modelling why bother to be on here, I realise you you approach it from a different area which is fine. But to suggest that anyone on here who adds to there model either by detailing or by modifying is a lesser person or a nit picker, just manages to show a very narrow point of view
Too bad you feel like that Nick.. personally I don't have anything against people who bought the WSN...it's your dime..and you made your call... but if you are talking about my dime and the call I would choose to make... I won't make a choice by how something "LOOKS" ...but how it performs... and what the package as a whole provides...Immature as you might think my opinion is... it doesn't matter to me...what I said is true... and backed by many more facts than the argument of "LOOKS" :haha:

If I was a retailer.. I would recommend the WSN whole heartedly....as from a business standpoint..the WSN is a cash cow..because in the back of my mind I know the tank needs work...I even recall a seller on ebay ...saying how the WSNs are very toylike...based on a model and not very durable... for me as a consumer... I can appreciate that kind of Honesty as he is clearly stating buy at your own risk

That's it ..plain and simple... I think you got lucky with yours..but I would guarantee it has not seen the kind of terrain my Heng Long has... which I might add is older than yours

So call it what you like.. I still won't be buying one ... unless of course I get it for 20 bucks or so ... just for the parts :haha:

ALPHA
stug 85
Corporal

Post by stug 85 »

You are not really listening to us are you, you think we keep going on about looks how is telling you that it has standard gearboxes and metal tracks and still drives everywhere all about looks my gf has a seven year old wsn t34 that apart from electics is standard and goes through anything mud grass even ten foot dunes on the beach and as for the heng long t34 we have one of each and the heng long is a copy of the trumpeter/wsn I have built a t34/76 from a heng long and a trumpeter kit and even the upper hull fits the heng long like a glove the suspension arms are the same the only difference being the gearboxes and some detail parts .
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

stug 85 wrote:I'm so glad you find our opinions funny that was the reason I posted it NOT!!!!!! The reason for the ammount of heng long vids is the ammount of heng longs out there I think in the future I will avoid posting my opinion as to avoid being insulted yes you are entitled to yours but you should not use it to insult people
Oh.. there's the old double edge sword that cuts in only one direction... You are telling me it's ok to bash Heng Long... and myself...but when the tables are turned and the truth is stated about the WSN ... which I think you might own already... it's all good ... yeah right

What you say about the amount of Heng Longs being out there I already pointed out...yes ...they are out there... probably more than can be accounted for ..and I'm sure there are people like you who have wondered... and even bought the WSN... finding that the performance was poor dumped it or have it sitting on a shelf somewhere ...it's the fate my WSN T34 had... as I found it was ridiculous to do the upgrades on it...the "LOOKS" are great... the construction... electronics ...mechanics are less than mediocre at best...

Perhaps I should have put it more simply... as even on this thread... there are those who say they would buy the WSN... but none of them say they would run it as is ...straight out of the box...but would do some serious changes to how it operates ...the simplest being changing the entire lower hull

Now you tell me... can the tank still be considered a WSN... if you changed all the guts ... don't think so...as it becomes a Hybrid...and no longer the toy whomever purchased ...that's what makes this inquiry a joke...as people don't see that

Bottom line.. straight out of the box... I'll take a Heng Long any day...over the WSN :haha:

ALPHA

Ps..just as an added note... the cost or replacing the double A batteries in a year of running the WSN...would run you the cost of a full option Tamiya :haha:

Return to “General Questions”