HL Walker Bulldog build

mikeh
Recruit

HL Walker Bulldog build

Post by mikeh »

This is going to be a basic build for me. As much as I loved modeling years ago, I don't have the time so much these days.
Started with a highly upgraded model to start with which helps a lot.
Smoke & sound, Metal tracks, sprockets, transmission gears, motors, HD springs, rx18

Most of the work was already done!

I cut the stock battery plug and switched to Anderson Power Pole connectors - this increases conductivity and takes up less space in the battery compartment

Now detailing the driver figure. I filled gaps with modeling putty and am painting and weathering him up. I may get around to detailing the tank, but we shall see.

With the rx18, its easy to disconnect the smoke unit. I did this because it was so loud and the smoke effect is cool, but not necessary. The noise difference was amazing though. I can now appreciate the sound effects!

I may paint the metal tracks and sprokets. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks again everyone!
"You're only young once, but you can allways be immature"
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Re: HL Walker Bulldog build

Post by Mackem »

This is going to be a basic build for me. As much as I loved modeling years ago, I don't have the time so much these days.
Started with a highly upgraded model to start with which helps a lot.
Smoke & sound, Metal tracks, sprockets, transmission gears, motors, HD springs, rx18

Hmm, where have we heard this one before? Sounds like MikeH has had an armouritis relapse!  ;) ;D ;D ;D
What colour are your metal tracks, silver or black?

Cheers
John
Last edited by Mackem on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
mikeh
Recruit

Post by mikeh »

armouritis relapse! LOL!
I can see it coming!
My tracks are silver and I would like them to be darker. I Don't think paint will hold up though.
"You're only young once, but you can allways be immature"
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mackem »

Have a look at the thread below, lots of ways to darken metal tracks.

http://www.rctankwarfare.com/Forums/index.php/topic,139.0.html

Cheers
John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Don't blacken them too much.  The tracks were often bare metal.  But, you could use "Blacken it" to darken them a bit, or mackem's idea looks good, too.  Then, you could paint on the rubber track pads.  Here's how I did on my plastic tracks.  Should work on the metal ones, too.  http://www.rctankwarfare.com/Forums/ind ... 789.0.html

Return to “Bulldog”