New Taigen metal T 34

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: New Taigen metal T 34

Post by PainlessWolf »

Michael,
I have found them RTR on Ebay and Amazon for 399.00 for the all metal Tiger 1 but sites like Artistic have had it listed for 499.00 and up. (599.00) I'm encouraged that they are dropping the prices and presume that the kit will follow along. I am _really_ happy with the metal hulled Jagdpanther being available and _very, very_ happy with the Taigen Tiger 1 in kit form. I had almost talked myself into a Tamiya Tiger 1 just so I could build my own tank in the Desert scheme but now can have a kit with all the metal added and I can build it myself. My next build is a KV-2 using the excellent Taigen metal hulled KV-1 you mentioned and the Torro KV-2 'Capture' kit. After that is complete, I am going to treat myself to one of these Tiger 1's. With the electrics being optional, I can use something like one of those great IBU-2 cards for better sound and response. At least for myself, the future of the Hobby got a lot brighter today.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I definitely see a Taigen Jadgpanther lower hull purchase when it becomes available more widely. Would you consider the up-coming metal KV-2 turret from Taigen as well instead of the Torro ones ?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Michael,
A KV-2 turret from Taigen? Don't say that too loud or you will make Alpha cry. A turret from Taigen I would definitely consider since they may well come out with the complete tank! ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

METAL TURRET FOR THE KV2? :O I guess it would be cool to have.... but I don't need that kind of realism :haha: ... I already read about the hindrance that big head of a turret was... I don't think I want a model that will have the same attributes :haha: ..I drive on all kinds of terrain that is already not recommended by HENG LONG... so the last thing I need is a tank I can't take on a mild incline without toppling over :haha:

ALPHA
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

They have been bringing a lot of nice options to the table. I have inquired as to the type of suspension on the Jagdpanther. I get the feeling it is the same as the H/L but with metal suspension arms, wheels, tracks, drivers and idlers. Not the torsion suspension. So I do not see the great savings on that particular model. Especially where the weakest link on that Jag/ Panther chassis exists.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

pale, are you talking about the upcoming Taigen Panther/JP chassis ? I think it is torsion bar suspension just like the KV....... I saw pictures of it. Will have to look it up again. The only problem, once again, is that you will need to get new sprockets and idlers and new tracks potentially.
jukebox
Lance Corporal

Post by jukebox »

Gents,

RCTank.de are selling the Panther/Jagdpanther metal hull, I have one on my bench now and can confirm it is torsion bar suspension, it has idler adjustment and corrects the shortcomings of the Heng Long hull, i.e. incorrect angle of the lower front glacis, better detailed rear plate with starter crank bracket, 20 ton jack, charging socket in the right rear stowage box (no charger plug supplied though!). The Asiatam metal drive sprockets and idlers fit, just had to cut the idler axle to length to fit. Dominique sells the hulls with or without the metal road wheels, I paid 149.95 EUR for one with the wheels. When I get a minute (currently at work!) I'll start another post with some pics.

The news on the Taigen kits is great, just what the hobby needs! Have a look around on RCTank.de and you will find metal hulls, KV-2 turrets, upper hulls………!!

Jukebox
Steve
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

He Guys,

here is a good preview at the features of the new Taigen T 34...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiSvnJPBFKQ
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Tiger I early (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)

Return to “Hobby News”