New Taigen metal T 34

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
blimp
Sergeant

New Taigen metal T 34

Post by blimp »

to the bouncy room ! Yay !
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: New Taigen metal T 34

Post by ALPHA »

COOL... But it does look like taigen used HENG LONG molds ...nicer details though :D

ALPHA
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Looks like a metal WSN rather than HL. Same suspension height and road wheels as WSN and not HL style.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hi MichealC...the command hatch definitely resembles the WSN...the shape of the turret to me anyway looks more like the HENG LONG..actually the hull as well... the WSN doesn't have an opening drivers hatch this one looks like it does just like the heng long also the deck lid looks like it separates ... also more like the HENG LONG... no matters though... it's just nice to see other companies stepping up to the plate.... i just wish Taigen jumped in front of HENG LONG and made the CHALLENGER first

The cool thing about this model is that sooner or later that hull will be available separately... and so will those wheels :D
ALPHA
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Imex / Taigen state - the molds have been retooled ( like their Tiger 1 ) comes with I.R. + recoil , plus a new 360' turret system ( to be added to other model too ) and yes , parts will be sold separately . - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/attachm ... 1390584874 You tube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aT0Q7Gh ... e=youtu.be
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I am just glad that they fixed the ride height then......... Also WSN never had the smoke canister at the back either so that's definitely a HL thing. Either way, it is good to see parts coming for the T34.
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

hi chaps
wont be cheap? but its nice well looks,its got the hl sound? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I agree Canned... I would say a rough estimate will be around 700 us....it is a nice addition to the new releases to the hobby though... I think a win win situation even if you already have a HENG LONG ....as I do also feel like Micheal C ... the availability of parts for the T34 will make it a fine option to purchasing German armor... but with that said... In some ways I still wish Taigen had come out with something different to the current market... Maybe a metal KV2 or SHERMAN ...or even a British piece...like the proposed HENG LONG CHALLENGER

Though I do like the tank... I don't feel the "need" to jump on one right away...but for those who are looking for a good foundation tank to build a SU-100 at least they now have better options

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Interested greatly by this new Taigen offering, I went to their IMEX Website and a reliable vendor for them here in the USA. (Artistic Hobbies) I found some AMAZING! stuff. Taigen has brought out a metal hulled Jagdpanther with advancements like the T-34 in this thread. The Biggest News Item tho' is that their high end IR Tiger 1 is available now in _Kit_ form like Tamiya's Tiger 1. You have to add the radio and electronics but the price has been lowered for you to do so. You can build and paint it yourself now without all the back work that we do to the already finished versions that they sell. Apparently, more of their high end tanks will be available in kit form as this year goes on. I don't know about you fellows but this is really good news for us! A metal rich Tiger 1 that we can build from the ground up. http://www.artistichobbies.com/proddeta ... d=TAG12501
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Painless,

Did I miss something or is the kit $100 more than the ready build one ? Plus the kits doesn't have the electronics ?

Interesting ideas though. I also heard that there is a Panther/JadgPanther lower hull coming from Taigen as well, similar to the KV one they have which is amazing (I like the KV one so much I have two of them.....). One is from Taigen KV the other is the chassis they sell separate and it matches perfectly with my upper HL hull.

MichaelC

Return to “Hobby News”