"WHITE TIGER"

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: "WHITE TIGER"

Post by HERMAN BIX »

For one paid so little, he certainly takes his duty seriously !...........the stuff is all over the place like a madmans s#*t !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jaw7620
Private

Post by jaw7620 »

Yes that glue monkeys got a lot to answer for,bust the front plate on my Tiger 1 getting it off and now having to do a repair job on it
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ive done a risk assessment using the glue ration potential matrix and decided that IF I am going to do the drivers vision block it would be best to buy a metal replacement and grind the old one off rather than bust the front plate.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
cupoftea
Corporal

Post by cupoftea »

Hi Herman

Taking off the front glasis plate is not too too bad if you take your time and use some liquid poly cement to soften the existing glue, Having said that a metal driver's vision port would save time and reduce the potential to damage the model.
It is such a pity that Heng Long do not supply an un-assembled Tiger in kit form for those wishing to modify it!
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

The Tamiya vision port also would work. If you had to remove the entire plate the Tamiya equivalent would be easy to transplant as the cuts could be done at the weld lines so very easy to hide. Not seen it done before but from owning both types of tiger I imagine it's viable.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
You fellows are in the right place at the right time. Taigen now offers an un-assembled RC metal kit with the parts to make either of the versions of the Tiger 1 from Early to Late. It will be one of the builds I do later this year as I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. Here is the link ( I remembered it because Cup was lamenting the fact that HL does not provide an un-assembled Tiger 1 but now they sort of do since Taigen uses the same molds ) http://www.artistichobbies.com/proddeta ... d=TAG12501 It is out of stock at Artistic but is easily found elsewhere.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Mr Painless, thats exactly the solution. I also discovered some form of non-setting silicon sealant or perhaps flexible adhesive securing the cables intot the headlight sockets and the LED into the MG base.
Had to use needle nose pliers to just brutally yank the stuff out.
Unassembled would be perfect.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Did a bit of getting around today and finally got back to the project. Set about the MG penetration. Basically gouged out the original assembly & got on a roll when all of a sudden the die grinder grabbed & took a chunk out of the corner of the MG shroud.
After the blue air became breathable again, all I can do aside from replacing it with a metal one from overseas is damage mitigation.
Left that to the 'repair-pixies' and set about whipping the drivers & radiomans hatches off so the you-beut steel ones can go on
Yep, those of you that know, know whats coming next :sick:
The kung-pow glue master has secured those F'n things so well that all I did was scratch a deep line across the drivers roof plate.
Well I just lost it.......................then the familly arrived back home so I couldnt use any air tools to carry on as the little one needed a sleep........... :'( :shh:
Sulked off to the garge & chain-drilled the hatches to at least get the bulk of the material off to show some progress for the day.
Then, sulked back into the work area, nest to my bar & got the Jack daniels out. :thumbup:
Attachments
P4061256.JPG
P4061255.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I think that will do for today as its just not got the right feel about it. As it was once said by a wise man "sometimes a mans just got to know his limitations" And with me skill set playing up like a second hand lawnmower, I know when to stop.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
We all have those days when everything we touch on the tank goes South. Best to sleep it off and start fresh the next day. It's usually amazing to see how well everything goes together after one of those 'days'.
Regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”