tiger 1, my first build!

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
d170sam
Private

Re: tiger 1, my first build!

Post by d170sam »

sorry no updates for a little while, been a little busy, anyway, the tank had a coat of floor polish after a oil pastel brushing over the rescesses, after that i applied a black acrylic wash to give more depth, after that i added some peddinghaus decals and added some paint chipping and wear with acrylic panzer grey and a small section of ripped up sponge, also my Dragon ATRC from immortal hobbies turned up very quickly (thanks Curtis for the help), i still need to crack out the soldering iron to do the wiring but il get the paint finished first, i also painted the wooden bits and metal on the tools, and the MG which i painted black and gave it a siler dry brush, anyway here are some more pics

quick coat of floor polish

pigment layers and dark wash

partialy built after wash and adding pigments

chipping effects added

anyway, thats about it for the moment, i have a couple of bits to finish off and tidy up but the next stage will be getting a matt varnish on it, i bought a small can of ronseal matt varnish, its a bit thick and gloopy so il try thinning it with some white spirit and see how it mixes before i load it up in my airbrush, any tips would be appreciated! anyway thanks for looking/reading, as always any comments are welcome good or bad

cheers

sam
Last edited by d170sam on Mon May 26, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emmasdad
Private

Post by emmasdad »

What a great paint finish, thanks for sharing....
Take care...... Gary
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

I really like the light weathering on the edges!
Red Devils
Staff Sergeant

Post by Red Devils »

Great looking build and I'm with Sov, the weathering is outstanding...

Derek
The Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
First in the Field - Since 1914.
d170sam
Private

Post by d170sam »

Thanks for the kind replys, everything I've done is a first for me so its a a mix of experimentation and guess work, I do have this forum to thank for a lot of very helpfull tips/tricks/guides though :)
d170sam
Private

Post by d170sam »

Had a go at getting some Matt varnish on it today with the airbrush, thinned it with some white spirit and it sprayed very easily, even with my vary basic airbrush, gonna get some more coats on and finish off tidying/soldering the electrics and il get up some more pics
DUQ
Recruit

Post by DUQ »

Wow that really turned out great! And to think you thought you messed up the camo :clap:
d170sam
Private

Post by d170sam »

Thanks bud, if I had left the camo the way it was it would have looked awe full, it's a pity I didn't get any pics to show peeps my poor effort, luckily supply's from work came in handy :)
d170sam
Private

Post by d170sam »

some more pics for you all

i got a light first layer of varnish on the mud flaps i though it would cover up the surrounding film on the decals but no such joy
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

awsome job, hopefully i will attain similar level one day,as i am new to hobby. so far i have a stock hl tiger 1 with corrected cupola , pistol port etc, and taigen speaker a very recomended upgrade sound is now much better and metal mg. a weathered hl tiger 1 which was done by previous owner and bought from flea bay and again taigen speaker and metal mg, and a jagdpanther which has sideskirts , metal tracks cog wheel and idlers , steel gears and new paint on wheels, skirts etc. happy tanking.
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC

Return to “Heng Long Builds”