RC Tank Wars Owner Phil Pflueger has died

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Saxondog
Captain

RC Tank Wars Owner Phil Pflueger has died

Post by Saxondog »

Guys I do not have all the details,I received a Phone call this morning from Dan that Phil had died of Heart Failure.

This is truly a great lose to us all, a real friend to this Hobby and personally to many of us.

I will follow with any funeral details asap.

Sorry guys but I am unable to write more,Yellowshaker has a thread on RCUNIVERCE.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11242026/tm.htm
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Saxondog
Captain

Re: RC Tank Wars Owner Phil Pflueger has died

Post by Saxondog »

I have spoken with Joe(Yellowshaker) about Phil,and the situation. As soon as we have the information about the Funeral and where to send flowers and condolences the information will be posted.

Phil does leaves a wife and three Daughter's. More information to follow ASAP.

Regards,
Blake
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Morning.
That's terrible news. Phil was stand up and involved. He was really interested in making your pile of parts that you had purchased as a Tank and taken apart back into a better kit than it was.
We have lost one of the real enthusiasts here.

regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Phil was a great asset to the hobby and a brilliant seller, always there to help
He will be sadly missed , my thoughts go out to his family
southjerseyarmour
Recruit

Post by southjerseyarmour »

only knew phil a short time,
but he was a good person and always went out of his way to help and answer all my questions....
he will be greatly missed.....we are all lessened by his passing.....my condolances to his wife and children.....
vision without funding is merely hallucinating
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Hello everyone. Blake informed me that he posted here about the sad news about our friend and fellow tanker, Phil Pflueger. I will not go into too much detail, but Phil's health has been failing for some time. He and I have spoken about it and he said things were looking better everyday. that was the thing about him. Phil never wanted to have anyone worry about him. Him wanted to share the good things with all of us, and savor every moment he had with us. He was a true gentleman, and a true warrior. He is one that I am proud to call brother. I miss him terribly and wish him eternal peace.
For those who are not aware, Phil had a facebook page and on there his daughter posted some information about burial proceedings. Please see this link.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/phil.pflueger.1
As some of you may already know, I am working with some of the guys here to try to get a donation fund for his wife. I have no details yet on where to send anything, so please bere with me on that. I will pass any information I have to Saxondog in the coming days. Thank you all for any support in this. It is appreciated by all involved.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

A sad day for the hobbie indeed :(

It is guys like this that inspire the rest of us to push ourselves that little bit further when we reach for the plastic clippers and glue.

My thoughts go to his family.
Steenv
Sergeant

Post by Steenv »

sorry to hear that. My thoughts also goes to the family

Steen
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

I am very sad to here this, Phil was an inspiration to me when i first started in rc tanks, he's the one that got me past the initial confusion of all the different systems and he built me my first IR capable tank and his service is second to none. He will be greatly missed by all of us and this hobby, my thoughts are with his family in this hard time.
Thanks for everything you've done for us Phil, you're legacy will live on through the hobby and all you have done for it, rest in peace.
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Oh no! I'm quite sad now... I'm new to the hobby and his correspondence was so great... What a shame. I hope the best for his family. :'(

Return to “Hobby News”