TAIGEN PZ IV 4TH BATTLE OF KHARKOV 14 AUGUST 1943

jarndice
Colonel

Re: TAIGEN PZ IV 4TH BATTLE OF KHARKOV 14 AUGUST 1943

Post by jarndice »

And the jack block :haha: Joking,
I know at this late stage in this reluctant build you wont be doing it but "Shapeways" sell both early and late front and rear fenders and with a set of brass hinges from a dolls house website every PZ4 I have built has working hinged front fenders and it is not too difficult a job,
I have only built one PZ4 with working rear fenders,
The available tolerances are too acute restricting the working area for the nuts and bolts holding the very small springs as well as having to debond the rear plate to access the inside of the rear fenders, It took more patience than I possess,
Always thought that my biggest failing but I have never seen anyone else succeeding which makes me feel a little better :lolno: .
I know you have had nothing like the pleasure building this PZ4 that I get from it but I have enjoyed and admired every minute so thank you for working with great success on a Tank that I do like a lot.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Oh yes AND the accursed jack block too Mr Jarndice !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ad Lav wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:29 pm The workhorse of the German army has come to life!

And that reminds me to get onto the horse shoe for the drivers guard
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Tools came out great Herman, they add some extra texture and depth behind the schürzen. It's ended up a very intricate and detailed model!
Ad Lav wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:29 pm The workhorse of the German army has come to life!
Or not, as the case may be!

phpBB [video]
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Raminator wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:30 am Or not, as the case may be!
Ahhh, looks like the Panzer iii will be next on my list.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Raminator wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:30 am Tools came out great Herman, they add some extra texture and depth behind the schürzen. It's ended up a very intricate and detailed model!
Or not, as the case may be!

phpBB [video]

Cheers Mr Ram, it’s growing on me I must admit.
Once I can really make it look loved in I think it will be ok.
For now it’s a bit sterile.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

From your first post, Bix: "'I've got a mission on to fabricate & fit a set or brass Schurzen to it." And most recently, "it’s growing on me I must admit." It's the Schürzen, Herman, the Schürzen. A long long time ago, some modeling company (Monogram?) here in the U.S. (and elsewhere?) put out a kit of a Panzer III or IV with Schürzen. I remember there was a choice of Schürzen with or without battle damage. I never had the kit, but I have remembered it ever since. So when I saw those durable brass Schürzen on the PzKfw. IV here, I went bananas. It's the Schürzen, I tell ya, it's the Schürzen. :crazy:

Hmm... maybe you should go into production: Das H. Bix Dauerhaftigeschürzenfabrik.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm From your first post, Bix: "'I've got a mission on to fabricate & fit a set or brass Schurzen to it." And most recently, "it’s growing on me I must admit." It's the Schürzen, Herman, the Schürzen. A long long time ago, some modeling company (Monogram?) here in the U.S. (and elsewhere?) put out a kit of a Panzer III or IV with Schürzen. I remember there was a choice of Schürzen with or without battle damage. I never had the kit, but I have remembered it ever since. So when I saw those durable brass Schürzen on the PzKfw. IV here, I went bananas. It's the Schürzen, I tell ya, it's the Schürzen. :crazy:

Hmm... maybe you should go into production: Das H. Bix Dauerhaftigeschürzenfabrik.
You could be onto something Herr Proff.
6 years ago I did the lower schurzen and as its owner had several sets of Tamiya turret skirts, he used one & I never got to try making any.
I might ask the nerds at work if they could laser cut out of brass :think:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Dabbling with a bit of rusting effect on the big muffler.
Not finished but a work in progress :problem:
A bit out of character to the rest of the tank for now, but that will soon blend in ;)

IMG_3616.jpeg
IMG_3616.jpeg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 113 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm A long long time ago, some modeling company (Monogram?) here in the U.S. (and elsewhere?) put out a kit of a Panzer III or IV with Schürzen. I remember there was a choice of Schürzen with or without battle damage. I never had the kit, but I have remembered it ever since.
This was a recent topic brought up by a group member on a modeling group on FB like last week. Funny small world. One guy remembered it and another guy Actually had the kit to show us.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Panzer IV”