Super P

palepainter
Sergeant

Re: Super P

Post by palepainter »

This tank has been a fun one. I really enjoyed the comfortable increase in skills it has required from me.

I started the weathering over the enamel with some watered down acrylic washes. I used some Umber, Black and some off white on the top sides. A bit of sponge and some paper towel work as well with a brush. I have also discovered that the hair dryer is a great help here too. Started some chipping and very little rust. I will be doing some lightening and dust on the upper in the next day or so. Here are a few shots from this eve.

palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

And one overall shot.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:clap: Nice Job Pale.... you going to get aftermarket shoes for her? there's a bunch of different tread patterns...that would enhance the already good looks of that baby :thumbup:

ALPHA
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Thanks Alpha,
I'm not sure what it will run yet. I have read that the correct Tamiya tracks have an issue with the Henglong metal drivers. So I am not sure what to do just yet, other than put the plastic tracks back on and enjoy the tank until I explore all my options. I'm not quite sure what all the options are just yet. :)

Pale
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

With a barrel overhang like that, it must have been a full time job keeping the thing elevated at the right time when traversing depressions in the terrain. I bet during training these had more than one plugged barrel !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

I am sure I will be plugging it a few times as well. :)
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

Great looking tank! Nice work! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Edmunds
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As it is said Mr Pale there is nothing worse than a plugged barrel ! :{
It would be interesting to know what the approach angle is when the barrel is level and the machine leans over an incline with a bank on the other side !............my guess it would have all the clearance of a modern shiny SUV !
Definitely a case of 'Parade Elevation' when on the move on anything but a paved road.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
These specialized Tanks probably traveled any great distance on a trailer or rail car. That long barrel was usually rotated to the back and in the travel lock unless going into combat. It is a beautiful reproduction that Pale has done there of a uniquely American answer to the Big Cats of WWll. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

I stole an old pair of inline skates and stole two bearings out of it for drive supports on the Pershing. I need to ream out the bearings just a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions as to do this most effectively?

Thanks in advance!!

Pale

Return to “Pershing”