6th scale ww1 tank

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: 6th scale ww1 tank

Post by ALPHA »

MK1 Nut wrote:Thanks Alpha,

Yep it's definitely grumbling and grumpy. Fun to to control and make it run roughly in the direction you want it to. :)
The sound unit is an Elmod. I selected the KV2 sounds as they just had bags more character than some of the others and made a good match for a First World War Tank. Some of the sound effects had somehow turned themselves off, so I have a little bit more set up on that side of things.

Helen x
Thought the sound really matched the character of the tank....especially the hard starting lol...very much like a real one on a cold day I would imagine :D ....Doesn't look like you ran the rear wheels.....is it because it would have hindered it in reverse ?...I really like this tank...when you had it parked next to the Panther...I could imagine it saying BOO YA BABY to it :haha:

ALPHA
MK1 Nut
Private

Post by MK1 Nut »

I have to admit, I love the start up! :)
There is an Elmod system in the model which I chose the KV1 Sound file for its rough basic sound.

The rear wheels are not yet finished, trying desperately to get them ready for the Bovington Model Show. If I succeed they will lower to the ground when stationary and then raise to keep them safe when manoeuvring. I will try and make it so that I can override it on special occasions and have the wheels down for photo shoots.

That Panther is a class piece of modelling, even the crew moved. Something I may have to try and do on my model.

Helen x
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

MK1 Nut wrote:I have to admit, I love the start up! :)
There is an Elmod system in the model which I chose the KV1 Sound file for its rough basic sound.

The rear wheels are not yet finished, trying desperately to get them ready for the Bovington Model Show. If I succeed they will lower to the ground when stationary and then raise to keep them safe when manoeuvring. I will try and make it so that I can override it on special occasions and have the wheels down for photo shoots.

That Panther is a class piece of modelling, even the crew moved. Something I may have to try and do on my model.

Helen x
I wondered about the starting sound...do you have control over it?...in the beginning of the video it really sounded like a cold start...as the video progressed and you ran it a little more....you stopped it...then started it again...that time it started up like a fully warmed up engine...and almost cranked up right away...Terrific stuff in my book :thumbup:
I like that you are going to make your tail wheels operational...can't wait to see the video of that getting finished up :D

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

That is some really fantastic work! I would LOVE it if my wife thought more of my tanks then just a silly waste of time.
MK1 Nut
Private

Post by MK1 Nut »

jackalope wrote:That is some really fantastic work! I would LOVE it if my wife thought more of my tanks then just a silly waste of time.
Ha ha I often wonder what the hell I'm doing when I think what I could have bought with all that money! :)
It's worth it though and did enjoy myself running the model last time out. Well except the moment I nearly knocked over a table of boats when the Tank decided to go backwards on me.
Helen x
MK1 Nut
Private

Post by MK1 Nut »

Had a great day at the Bovington Museum's Model Show, managed to get the Mk1 running with its Tail Wheels... even if they were off the ground to save breaking them.
Never seen so many large scale model tanks in one place before. I twas good to be surrounded by so many enthusiastic modellers.

By the end of the day my Mk1 was suffering a bit, with a faulty speed control and issues with one or two of the more experimental parts of the gunfire some of things. Still most of it lasted long enough to let me know I was on the right path, just got to do a few tweaks here and there.
Probably didn't help that I was only able to get an hours sleep before setting off for the show. Kinda surprised I was even able to communicate let alone work the electrics of the model by the end of the day.

Once I have worked through the final parts of the construction, now thankfully all small stuff, I will clean the model up, choose a Grey paint and get weathering.

Helen x

Video link thingy of today, running my MK1 with the ArmorteK MKIV Tank Models. https://www.facebook.com/Portsmouth-Mod ... /timeline/
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Another fine Video MKNut :D ....Looks like He ran well....but I guess it isn't the norm to film the malfunctions :haha: ...at least you didn't knock over any tables lol...or on the extreme side...run over anyone's toes :haha: :haha:

Thanks for Sharing :wave:

ALPHA
MK1 Nut
Private

Post by MK1 Nut »

Ha Ha, yeah there was a Table of nice scale models I steered waaaay clear off! :D

I had one friend videoing and another taking photos, you can hear them shouting at each other. Rob's not one for editing his clips so it all goes in!

Recovered enough sleep to look at the electrics today. Found a dry joint on one of the seed controls (Now working) and found an issue with the Elmod Unit. The Elmod has two built in ESC which use two capacitors to protect them from any backlash from the motors, they are bent flat to the board and the legs are able to touch the unshielded holder for the fuse... sparky, sparky... smoke. :|
No harm seems to be done, but I will give it a run tomorrow to make sure.

With luck I will get some photos this week and the video footage for editing.

Helen x
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Helen

It was fantastic to see the mk1 runing round the museum
...even if we were in the darkest corner in the Afghan collection ..
totally fantastic build
iain from the north Somerset ipms ...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

MK1 Nut wrote:Ha Ha, yeah there was a Table of nice scale models I steered waaaay clear off! :D
:haha: :haha: Living and learing...it's the only way lol
I had one friend videoing and another taking photos, you can hear them shouting at each other. Rob's not one for editing his clips so it all goes in!
I'll have to go have another look/listen ...was way more engulfed in looking at all the tanks :D
Recovered enough sleep to look at the electrics today. Found a dry joint on one of the seed controls (Now working) and found an issue with the Elmod Unit. The Elmod has two built in ESC which use two capacitors to protect them from any backlash from the motors, they are bent flat to the board and the legs are able to touch the unshielded holder for the fuse... sparky, sparky... smoke. :|
No harm seems to be done, but I will give it a run tomorrow to make sure.

With luck I will get some photos this week and the video footage for editing.

Helen x
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM....one has to wonder how pins get bent like that.....Sabotage???????????? :O ....was there anyone getting too close :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “Larger Scale Military”