6th scale ww1 tank

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: 6th scale ww1 tank

Post by ALPHA »

Now that I look at the photos of the Finished Tank....I'm wondering what it weighs 8O

ALPHA
MK1 Nut
Private

Post by MK1 Nut »

jarndice wrote:I remember we had a conversation last year about the difficulty of deciding whether to make a shelf queen or a "Worker" and it looks to me that any compromises you have made in the name of practicality just do not show,
Difficult to describe A Tank as a thing of beauty but this comes mighty close. :thumbup:
shaun
Hi Shaun.
In the end the compromises weren't all that great and I think didn't impact the detail much, if at all.
I think it is a thing of beauty. From the first time I saw the MK1 at Bovington I fell in love with the bare bones, but imposing looks. I have to keep pinching myself that I've managed to capture that look with the model. I'm glad now that I decided early on that I wouldn't compromise on the track. It made for a lot of hard work that I really wasn't ready for... but so worth it.
Helen x
MK1 Nut
Private

Post by MK1 Nut »

The Tank is going to stay in its bare metal finish for Bovington TankMod Model Show next month, but over the winter it will go grey and then maybe camouflaged later next year.
The track I hope will continue to rust and when it reaches the point I'm happy with how it looks, I will chemically preserve it in its rusty state. The idea is to use a rust 'converter', so that I get that black brown colouring.

I really should weight the model, I've no idea other than it takes two to carry it. Probably not as heavy as you think. All the way through the build I have tried to keep the weight down.

Helen x
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

MK1 Nut wrote:The Tank is going to stay in its bare metal finish for Bovington TankMod Model Show next month, but over the winter it will go grey and then maybe camouflaged later next year.
The track I hope will continue to rust and when it reaches the point I'm happy with how it looks, I will chemically preserve it in its rusty state. The idea is to use a rust 'converter', so that I get that black brown colouring.

I really should weight the model, I've no idea other than it takes two to carry it. Probably not as heavy as you think. All the way through the build I have tried to keep the weight down.

Helen x
I really like it the way it looks...personally if I had it ...I would want to preserve it just as it sits....She's/ He's really good looking...you did a really excellent job :thumbup:

ALPHA
MK1 Nut
Private

Post by MK1 Nut »

A bit of progress on the Tank this week and a bit of a landmark.... I've finally built the Tail Wheels!!
Ok there is a lot clean up to do and there are a few details and build issues to sort out, but feeling a bit more confident about having it all done for Bovington now. :)
Helen x
Attachments
DSCF7468.jpg
DSCF7464.jpg
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

8O Articulated! :clap: :clap: Really Nice :clap: :clap: :clap:

ALPHA
MK1 Nut
Private

Post by MK1 Nut »

Video from the weekend at the Southern Model Show in Kent. The Tank had only its second run on a bit of a wet day. Really enjoyed it though.

https://www.facebook.com/Portsmouth-Mod ... /timeline/
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

It's a Grumbler isn't he :haha: :haha: :haha: ....Very Nice....makes me think of Indiana Jones :D

Fantastic Job...nice Facebook page :thumbup:

ALPHA
MK1 Nut
Private

Post by MK1 Nut »

Thanks Alpha,

Yep it's definitely grumbling and grumpy. Fun to to control and make it run roughly in the direction you want it to. :)
The sound unit is an Elmod. I selected the KV2 sounds as they just had bags more character than some of the others and made a good match for a First World War Tank. Some of the sound effects had somehow turned themselves off, so I have a little bit more set up on that side of things.

Helen x
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

Wow that's some tank there. Didn't get any sound from the video but just to see all that detail rivet worked tracks on a ww1 homebuilt running rc tank is amazing.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”