Taylor Field Armor Association field build

Wizzard033
Corporal

Re: Taylor Field Armor Association field build

Post by Wizzard033 »

I found a pic I forgot to post :problem: of timmeh's aircraft hanger he started not too long ago. It will go in the 'England' sector across the channel.
ImageImage
shanksow
Recruit

Post by shanksow »

yeah, I would like to see them get back to work on the hangar. We are also planning to mark out the "harbor" and the "English Channel" next week and at least dig out the outline for it.

One also has to remember that this field is open to all sorts of rc activities. Right now, everyone is all hot and bother over the rc tanks. But we still fly our regular rc model airplanes (runway located to the west of this battlefield layout). The "English Channel" that is planned has to be big enough for small float planes to take-off and land on. Plus, there is talk to also getting into rc scale ship combat once the pond is completed. The "Channel" will be on average, about 3 feet at it's deep. Plus, west of the harbor will be the Utah Invasion beach.

These are all great plans and nifty ideas, but I'm the wet stick of the bunch urging everybody that it will take time to build all of this up and not to worry about getting it all done in a month. We do have winter coming on and thats the normal building season. That will give us lots of time to make buildings. We are collecting lots of old artifical Christmas trees to create the "forests."

These are my blog postings (http://flash255bunker.blogspot.com/2010 ... y-for.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) & (http://flash255bunker.blogspot.com/2010 ... -lots.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
[b]Don W. Shanks[/b]
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

@shanksow Your right about it taking some time but it will be worth the wait. The more things everyone builds the more it fuels the modeling bug. :crazy: I love all sorts of modeling and have been itching to fly my F16d again I just haven't had the urge to work on aircraft. I have at least seven planes I could have airborne fairly quickly if I had the desire to sit at the bench a few nights and service them. I did find some very nice models that would be great additions to our field at Hobby Lobby.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/rc_warbird_a ... 07_ctg.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These are very close to 1/16th scale with a variety of models all done with nice looking schemes. I'd actually love to have a great number of these in my hanger and I may yet buy many of them. :haha:
ImageImage
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

I also have a Park Zone 'Stryker' I am going to replicate the plane from Indiana Jones 'Raiders of the lost Ark' and some blue foam Im shaping into a V2 rocket. ;D
ImageImage
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

My construction on the church for the 'Berlin' sector is back underway I need th find a way to make a home made smoker to hide inside the rubble of the church.
ImageImage
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by xrad »

nice work there!
shanksow
Recruit

Post by shanksow »

Over on my own blog I have posted some new pictures of the L.O.T.S battlefield. Mainly worked on the "Harbor" area today. I even created a "photoshop" picture of the future harbor with water in it. Also posted two little videos that I took. (http://flash255bunker.blogspot.com/2010 ... field.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
[b]Don W. Shanks[/b]
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

Here are some of the videos shanksow has taken

That's me driving like a drunken soldier. :thumbup:
ImageImage
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Excellent! Airfield , church, town center, bridges , all so well done. Keep the pics coming, Saxondog
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

Here are some pics shanksow posted of our field build.
First up is the harbor work underway. shanksow worked hard on that yesterday. Thanks for the hard work guys! :thumbup:
That's ricky soaking the hard as rocks west Texas soil for excavation on the left and a prospective tank addict we're trying to draw into the ranks, Chris.
lastly is a photo with some photo shop work done by shanksow showing what the harbor will look like after the excavation is completed and it's filled with water.
ImageImage

Return to “Battlefield Construction”