My Scratchbuilt MkII Carrier a WIP

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
pzrwest
Corporal

Re: My Scratchbuilt MkII Carrier a WIP

Post by pzrwest »

Thanks to a chap on the MLU forum reguarding an error in my linkage. Here are a couple pics of the corrected linkage. I had to run a rod from the steering mechanism over to the port side and run that linkage there.
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Well work still continues on the carrier. In these next pics I have added rivits to the outside and inside of the front shield and installed the seat frames. They can be possitioned in either the up position or the lowered position. I put a couple figures in the carrier just to see how it looks with the seats in the upper position. The rivits are all indivudually made by rounding off the end of a section of plastic sprue then cutting the rounded portion off forming the head of the rivit. Took a few hours to make the 180 rivit heads I have made so far although not all have been used as of yet.
vonrundstedt
Staff Sergeant

Post by vonrundstedt »

Looking awsome!!! still stunned by your skill.
"He knows every thing about nothing, and not so much about that, if you know somebody who knows what he knows, then you must know....someone quite thick!
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Thank you vonrundstedt
Update:
The work continues and getting closer to completeing this carrier. Here are the latest pics as she stands right now. I've added the front fenders and the steps on the rear plate. I've added details to the engine compartment cover, and given it another coat of paint. I've painted the track a metalic grey and will be giving the track some washes.
Last edited by pzrwest on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

looking better and better by the day
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Thank you Brel
Here are a couple pics of the carrier as it was at the Toronto show this past weekend June13/09. Still not complete but it is slowly getting there
vonrundstedt
Staff Sergeant

Post by vonrundstedt »

Wow! looks amazing! what do you have left to do?
"He knows every thing about nothing, and not so much about that, if you know somebody who knows what he knows, then you must know....someone quite thick!
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Well still have to add the rest of the rivits, add the bren gun, lights, assorted boxes and gear, fender skirts, foot steps, tow bar, and tools
vonrundstedt
Staff Sergeant

Post by vonrundstedt »

Cant wait!! ;D
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
After getting the info from Richard on the MLU forum I have re-done the covers on the rear deck of my carrier. Here are the pics. As for the box on the back I have seen so many different sizes and shapes hard to choose which one to go with

Return to “Larger Scale Military”