Taigen ( Fancy Heng Long ) Panther G

cannedheat

Re: Taigen ( Fancy Heng Long ) Panther G

Post by cannedheat »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning,
Thank you, Phil for the excellent link! Good Morning there Canned Heat. Ready to add a Panther to your stable yet? ;o)

regards,
Painless Wolf
not a big lover of the panther but this may not stop me in future getting one if I did I would want the, think it was the g with the tiger wheels now that does look smart but the taigan /asiatem late wheels will not fit so also like the a type think they had different wheels or this 1/72 mod I have is wrong ?any way you have made a cracking job on yours put kettle on and drool on a spray /camo job don't rush it let it be different wot wot then show it off ,wot wot ,
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, CH,
I'm waiting on a few extra parts. Ordered a couple of sprues of Tamiya to get the armored shutters and hatches for the storage. Also, the small lifting hooks for the fan covers. I'll probably drop a nickel on the track slack rollers as well but am still on the fence about those. This tank turned into a lot of work like Heng Longs have a tendency to do. They are labors of love tho' and along with this forum have made me a better modeler than I used to be. Not so much the skill applied but the extra effort and time involved because you can see what is possible with one of them. They've come a long way and I suppose I have to.
regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Can't agree more about the Heng Longs improving,the forum being an excellent inspiration to promote our creative natures.And yes your builds continue to improve,and I mean that with respect.

Very impressive Painless,the detailing certainly demonstrates this. Well done!

On another subject,hope your not at risk with the Flooding? We seemed to miss out this year as the Mississippi did not burst any seams.

Regards,
Saxondog
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, SD,
Thank you for the praise, it is really appreciated. I still have my first Heng Long, the gray Tiger 1 and I remember that it was amazing to me that it even existed. Large scale Tamiya was and still is to a great degree, out of my repeat fiscal reach. Heng Long has allowed me and many others to participate in this ultra cool Hobby. As grown ups in control (somewhat) of our own allowance now, we get to spend it on toys we could only dream of as children. The flooding continues with evacuations all around and even in my little township. Sunday is supposed to be particularly hard, even worse than the "biblical proportion" stuff they were talking about on the weather channel all day yesterday. The National Guard and Coast Guard have shown up after the President declared the Front Range a disaster area so that will be a huge help in getting this mess sorted out.
warm regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon, EF,
The sun peeked through the clouds today and provided some needed dry-out before the weekend's predicted rainfall. I completely agree with the quote. ;o) I am working through the day but am anticipating being off shift and working on the Panther again this evening with the weekend stretching out in front.
regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

17th Day work involved getting the tow cables cleaned up, painted and mounted on the tank. I usually do a color which works with the rest of the paint on the tank but will set off the cabling or any tool or fitment that is supposed to be clamped to the exterior. After a brief experiment with dark green, the black green was picked for the cable eyes and shaft with a light silver dry brush defining the twists of the cable itself. The rubber knobs used to keep the cables in place up front were painted to match the camo on that left and right tool rack. I painted and mounted the pry bar afterwards so that I could keep to my one pioneer tool mount per session. More fun tomorrow.
Attachments
Pioneer tool prybar
Pioneer tool prybar
Radioman's side mount
Radioman's side mount
Driver's side mount
Driver's side mount
Painted tow cables
Painted tow cables
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

18th Day work involved cleaning up and painting the rest of the Pioneer Tools There's one thing I have left to do on the rear deck with what I have to work with now, then I am waiting for parts to arrive. We have had terrible weather and flooding along the Front Range all the way into today so I am in no rush. More fun tomorrow.
Attachments
Modded Heng Long Pioneer tools
Modded Heng Long Pioneer tools
Stock Heng Long Pioneer tools
Stock Heng Long Pioneer tools
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

19th Day work involved finishing up the crank that mounts with the Pioneer tools. Heng Long had molded this part without the clamp that that would normally go around the handle. After a bit of thought, I took a piece of shrink tubing and cut a clamp width slice out of it and slid it over the handle. A second's worth of heat and I had my clamp. I painted it to match and installed the crank and the Pioneer tools on their mounts. They don't look bad but I believe that I will use a sprue of Tamiya tools the next time like I did on my KT build. Then I approached the issue of the central vent on the rear deck. I had already installed the grill under it but it also needed what looked like a welded metal cross in the mouth of the vent. A tiny section of flat brass cross later plus paint and the part certainly looks authentic. ( As if drunken tankers had welded it on in the field ) If anyone here needs something to look shoddily and hastily welded onto their tank, buddy, I'm your man. Waiting on parts now so more fun when they arrive. Hopefully by this weekend.
Attachments
Deck Vent with all my hair pulled out
Deck Vent with all my hair pulled out
Deck Vent with all my hair pulled out.JPG (94.92 KiB) Viewed 3531 times
Deck Vent
Deck Vent
Deck Vent.JPG (98.96 KiB) Viewed 3531 times
Radioman's Side tools installed
Radioman's Side tools installed
Driver's Side tools installed
Driver's Side tools installed
Shrink tubing and Crank Handle
Shrink tubing and Crank Handle
Heng Long Pioneer tools
Heng Long Pioneer tools
...Here for the Dawn...
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

Hi Painless

Just an observation on the axe, I don't think they painted them red (or fire extinguishers, seen some people do), if anything black as the tank is camo you wouldn't want a nice little red target to shoot at.

Looking good.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning Sir,
I used to paint the fire extinguishers red as well until I saw how good that they looked in flat and now with decals. I admit that the red axes are just the ten yr old in me taking control of the paint brush. *chuckles* I apologize and will do better next build. ;o)
regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Panther”