Jussek's Tiki Tiger I

LongGoneJohn
Private

Re: Jussek's Tiki Tiger I

Post by LongGoneJohn »

Cheers buddy, I was searching for ages, now I found them straight away!
Would you put your brain in a robot body?
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

good news!

i specifically chose them because they are the smallest i've found, well, they have the smallest frontal area, and as you can see, with the ideal shape to fit where i have put them in the tank.

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

well, Tiki is finished ;D (I've still to redo the sound profile from scratch)

i applied different tones of chalk pastels, one darker than the other on the lower hull and wheels and let dry for 24h

then with a dry brush i discarded the excess of pigments until the result was of my liking

also in the front and read lower hull areas and mudguards

after all this process was done, i applied two coats of mat varnish in order to protect all the paintwork. I know, the pigments would 'dissapear' if sprayed with varnish, but i prefer to protect the paint from my 'delicate' hands and the environment (i.e. running off road)

today i did the final photographic session of Tiki ;D but at the sun is too low on the sky, i did two batches of pics, one with sunlight (with many shadows due the low sunlight), then i put the tank in a shadow place:

[img]ttp://imageshack.us/a/img51/869/826pintado.jpg[/img]

and that's all!

best regards
Last edited by Jussek on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi again,

excuse the poor quality of the pics (I used flash although I hate the results), but i wanted to do a THEN and NOW comparison 'report', with a few of the pics i made to tiki when i purchased it so i tried to replicate the same frame:

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

I'm very happy with the results and the difference, now Tiki has not a toy like looking anymore! ;D

best regards
Jussek

Pak36
Private

Post by Pak36 »

What I like most is the depth of the effects....it really does feel like a used machine rather than one painted to look used. You can see where all the little details have been added, but for me...what makes it work is the feeling of a tank that has been in the field. It's a little battered, the paintwork looks like the crew did it, and even the shovels, barrel cleaner etc look like they have been used.

Wouldn't like to think how many hours have gone into this.

Love the mud effect from the pastels. What did you use to stick the pastel dust to the tank?
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

thank you very much Pak36 :thumbup:

for the pastels use what i did was, after sanding the bars and mixing the colours, first cover the area with this rectified turpentine:

then add the pigments, and with the same product, by capillarity, fixed them to the tank. After 24h i used an old brush to drop off the excess of pigments for some areas.

after these 24h, i applied two coats of this mat varnish:

it's water soluble, and I diluted it 50/50 before airbrushing it, the varnish blends the pigments to a point, but they are still visible and three-dimensional if you look closely.

and that's all!

best regards
Jussek

Pak36
Private

Post by Pak36 »

ahh...thanks for that :)

Will definitely try this. Got most of the materials around to try it. Will do a few test samples first though! Really like the effect it gives on your Tiger
jdflute
Private

Post by jdflute »

Beautiful job and workmanship, I am very impressed.

Jd
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

thank you very much for your kind works jdflute, Pak36 and all! :{

i'm working now on the beier sound profile, i will post a short video with the sounds when done, and i will then close the 'project' ;D

best regards!
Jussek

Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Wow! Simply Brilliant work. ;D :clap: :thumbup:
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people

Return to “Tiger I”