MATO Toys

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Horses45
Corporal

Re: MATO Toys

Post by Horses45 »

jarndice wrote:Somebody should set up a business school based solely on the best practice demonstrated by Steve of WDM and Dave FORGEBEAR you couldn't go wrong. shaun
Motion Carried :thumbup:
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Shout out! Hey Horses! did you get your tanks yet?

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

I'm sorry if this upsets anyone but I think these should be in the blacklisted section I asked about delivery as I was told these were a good place to buy so gave it a go ?? well ordered 2 tanks with the upgrade package from them , I understand that America had bad weather at the time but turned up addressed to the wrong house and a month later but as these were ordered before Christmas I'm still waiting for the batteries that had to be shipped separately so I am going to ring PayPal as I paid by them so hopefully I will get some advice off them as mato are just not answering my email . but I leave it up to you to decide but I wont be ordering from them again, if this is their customer service I really think they need to buck their ideas up :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Should I come into a large sum of money any time soon I will order a Taigen T34/85, Metal hull, 360 degree metal turret and quite expensive, but I would ask Steve at Welsh Dragon Models if he would get it for me long before I ordered one from Mato Toys, the tales one hears does more to spoil their reputation than any actual poor service, whereas Welsh Dragon Models with a proven record of fair treatment and speedy response to enquiries gets orders based on a great reputation. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
lister fiend
Sergeant

Post by lister fiend »

hi shaun,
i'm fairly sure that forgebear is the u.k importer for mato toys.
sorry to hear of your woes with mato horses :(
defo should be in the blacklist for that.
lister
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Yes lesson learnt but I'm sure forgebear has always given me excellent service but I'm sure I can give Steve a go ay welsh dragon a go
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Horses45 wrote:Yes lesson learnt but I'm sure forgebear has always given me excellent service but I'm sure I can give Steve a go ay welsh dragon a go
Hey Horses... sorry to hear your transaction didn't workout well...I feel a little responsible because I was the one who recommended them...as their prices during the sale was very good... I detect that you did finally get your tanks....try contacting them through the account you opened .. it's generally more efficient than contacting them by email

With that said...yes...they are a hit and miss company ... with what I would say is poor customer service...they did do good on my purchases ...even expedited my Sherman ....without additional cost....but didn't do as well with sassgrunts order which came almost two months later...I know this because I had helped him make the minimum for the free shipping... by adding in a few unimportant bits

Unfortunately they are one of the companies that offer the IR versions of tanks in the us... and also equip all of them with upgraded internals...I haven't ordered from them since Christmas...which IMO was a time they got over their heads trying to fill their orders

I don't think I will order from them unless they have another really good sale.... and yes use Paypal to secure the transaction ....personally .... ALL mail order companies are a risk... and like I said before... Mato is too Hot and Cold to for me to say they are truly reliable

I'm sure Welsh and Forgebear.. are great to deal with... I have yet to try either...it's kind of sketchy because of the current weather patterns .... to which ordering from them could turn out just as bad as what you experienced
I say this because no matter how reliable a seller is.... they cannot account for an item once it leaves their hands...just hopefully they have some way to track it should something happen...Painless seems to have had very good luck with both of them.. though I do feel he has a good relationship with them... not sure how I would fare... with the exception of Dave... who has cordially responded to all my questions here on the board

In finality what I would advise you to do with Mato ...if they still owe you the batteries... I would ask them to send you something else... and purchase the batteries from there in the Uk.... as it could just be the import laws preventing the mailing of them to you... just get the value of the batteries off their site... find something else like some DP smokers or metal upgrade bits and ask them to either use the value of the batteries towards them or a complete exchange... It's a reasonable request in this situation... and something I might think they might go for ...though I must say the performance of the 2000 mahs are way better than the standard 1700s ....still if their hands are tied in that department... there isn't much to be done by either you or them ...Laws are Laws... stupid as they might be ;)

Now with all of THAT said... I am still on the fence with Mato Mart... and for me they are just a mediocre company... as I still don't like their communication process

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Alpha my good man they said I could have a credit of $24 which over here I don't think will get me any batteries ? so I did ask them to send me some metal parts for my Panzer IIIH but then it has all gone quiet with them , so to be truthfully honest I really feel let down by these and would not touch them again as I really don't think they have a customer satisfaction in my case, but with work being full belt I have not had much time to get anything done on my collection :'( , but I did manage to pick up 2 Tamiya RC Trucks and now just looking for the Trailers to put my tanks on ;) and with look time to strip them down and give them a military coat of paint. PS I now have 2 torro KT's and they are my favourite's will try and get some pics of my whole collection up as soon as I get a minuet but with work at the min who knows when that will be .
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Horses45 wrote:Alpha my good man they said I could have a credit of $24 which over here I don't think will get me any batteries ? so I did ask them to send me some metal parts for my Panzer IIIH but then it has all gone quiet with them , so to be truthfully honest I really feel let down by these and would not touch them again as I really don't think they have a customer satisfaction in my case, but with work being full belt I have not had much time to get anything done on my collection :'( , but I did manage to pick up 2 Tamiya RC Trucks and now just looking for the Trailers to put my tanks on ;) and with look time to strip them down and give them a military coat of paint. PS I now have 2 torro KT's and they are my favourite's will try and get some pics of my whole collection up as soon as I get a minuet but with work at the min who knows when that will be .
Hey Horses... bad news indeed... you should raise the subject with Paypal... especially since they sell the batteries alone for more... so you should get more credit for them

With that said.. I'm with you on the customer service ... and I don't deal with them unless I really have no other choice... so it will be awhile before I order from them as well....they do do some things well... but it's not enough to give them my full confidence for sure

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

I'm with you on that alpha ,unless I need to they don't get another bean off me , but it is a hard lesson learnt but learnt it is and as for you pointing me that way the saying you pays your money you takes the chance !! . you did not force me but anyway I have my 2 tanks off them and now just awaiting my Tamiya king Hauler as a start to my trucking collection to move my tanks around lol

Return to “Recommended Vendors”