painting/weathering panzer Grey.

This board contains guides to painting and weathering, please post your tips, tricks and tutorials here.
Saxondog
Captain

Re: painting/weathering panzer Grey.

Post by Saxondog »

Well I got everything wired,and had problems with the gun.Also transmitter seems to have a fault on the left joystick or I have done something odd with the wiring.Will be ordering a new transmitter to be safe,to much money spent allready to risk on a 25 dollar transmitter.Also spent some time today on the details,installed conduit cable for the lights,and smoke grenades installed and ran conduit for these also.Repaired cable brackets so turret will not drag cables as it turns.Also added two fuel cans mounted to the sides of the storage bin,one on each side.Used black rubber bands for brackets.Will post pictures Tonight.Sax
Last edited by Saxondog on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
oz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by oz »

she looks better and better with each picture you post mate, i like the pic of your 1/6 next to the 1/16 if i didn't have a house a car bills kids a cat and a wife i would surely have one of those big beasties" or maybe 2 or 3 ;D great work mate really great work.
                ..............cheers oz
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Thanks Oz,It has been possible because of you.As far as the 1/6 scale the wife was mad,Thankfully all the vehicles are paid for,but as I pointed out the white supra just got a 3000.00 upgrade motor,tires,brakes.every hose,100hrs of my labor and as of Friday a 140.00 dollar starter motor,That model supra is specail,half the parts have to come from Toyota.The car has been a great car,my wife loves it so replacing the motor was the best thing to do,the interior is perfect,the paint and body are in great condition,and she likes her car,and as long as I maintain it she does not raise hell when I buy hobby stuff,the 1/6 was paid for by selling a old bike for parts,and some other e-bay parts I sold.Still have the twins at home and soon they will be off to college,hopefully with a good scholarship.Thanks again for the tank praise I have worked very hard to get it right,the fuel cans seemed to work out,and the grenade launchers have conduit running from the back down the bracket into the turret,I used thread from a ship model that is wax coated,soaked it liquid glue and molded,or shaped like the light conduit on the early tigers,Next the air intakes and the track bracket on front and I should be finished.Blake
Last edited by Saxondog on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
oz

Post by oz »

its nice to have a wife that understands or at the very least tolerates our fascination in this great hobby, i remember many years ago being stuck in a military hospital after being hurt and my wife bringing me my model tools and a couple of models to build during my stay, most of the guys on my wing helped to put the models together and paint them up, from then on the wife spent more time getting models for us than anything else" although when i mention it to her she looks at me like a school teacher looking at a naughty pupil but then the big smile appears.

when i,m building or painting a model or talking with you guys on the forum she says at least i know where he is and he isn't getting into trouble  ;D ;D ;D
in a way its sad that this thread will soon be winding down, but its been great fun.............cheers oz  
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

We shall have to create another,certainly we can find another subject.I am considering a Panther or Jagdpanther,at first I was going to purchase a grey Jagdpanther and to paint it like my Tiger.Well then Bill says two weeks and the New Panther will be available,but only in CAMO,that's why I asked you the question on the Matt coat.Why not another thread on CAMO painting,now Steiner did a great job,but the focus was on solid colors,I can still get the Jagdpanther in grey,and we could do a woodland camo,and compare it with the Panther camo from H/L.To me camo has to be very difficult,I don't see how to do it without the overspray effect where the colors meet,or how to have the same effect as the new Panther's camo.So Oz it seems you would have to be willing once again to display your skill to 3000 other people.If the answer is yes,then I'm in.Blake
oz

Post by oz »

once i get my new panther from Andy over at militarymight maybe we could do something on that!!  how about a hard edge three or two tone camo using the oil dot weathering and blu tac masking method!! its easy and relatively straight forward................cheers oz
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Sounds great to me,as far as I know the panther is only offered in the woodland camo.So we would prime in black and new pattern from the go.I really like the camo pattern on the panther,but would much rather create my own,with some more wizard of Oz instruction.We of course will have to bring Steiner in,although I think he has had his fill of heng-long tanks,but maybe he can use a Tamiya.He mentioned he would rather go tamiya for his next tank?Do you have a delivery date for the Panther,i mean when will Andy have them in stock? Blake
STEINER
Sergeant

Post by STEINER »

Hi Oz and Sax,

Sorry for being out of the frame for a while, but as I know have my camera back, here are the pics of my finished Tiger. I know how you like lots of pics, so I have posted quite a few  :) :) :) :)  I hope you don't get bored with them  :-\ :-\ :-\

I will post these on the show off board as well as I originally started a thread on there.

All the best lads.

STEINER
Last edited by STEINER on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you realize how much I hate this uniform and all it stands for. ( Cross of Iron )
STEINER
Sergeant

Post by STEINER »

Here is a few more

Last edited by STEINER on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you realize how much I hate this uniform and all it stands for. ( Cross of Iron )
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Perfect,I just can't find words.the details are great,and the Matt coat brings the colors alive.Really Masterclass work.I just don't know how you guy's are getting the details to look so real.the tools.jack block,cables.and especially the brackets are so well defind,must have a very steady hand.It really belongs in Masterclass bran,I really mean that.I will have to try a camo Jagdpanther,I was going to order it camo,but now I will order it grey and follow your lead.Great job,Blake

Return to “Painting and Weathering”