Heng Long Pershing Rebuild

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long Pershing Rebuild

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Magman,
Thank you! Heaven is in the details or so they say. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Good Morning! That's not string. *chuckles* It's scale rope from the famous Doll House Furniture emporium. ;o) I had to glue the ends where I cut them so it wouldn't unravel. Weather is beautiful here today but we have Bowling tonight so lawn tomorrow and a 'Thread' by Thursday or Friday ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Good Morning! That's not string. *chuckles* It's scale rope from the famous Doll House Furniture emporium. ;o) I had to glue the ends where I cut them so it wouldn't unravel. Weather is beautiful here today but we have Bowling tonight so lawn tomorrow and a 'Thread' by Thursday or Friday ;o)
regards,
Painless
:haha: :haha: :haha: Looks like the same stuff we used to fly kites with..........back then it wasn't called "scale rope" is was called kite string :haha: :haha: ...have to admit though...it was handy stuff... used to make scale cargo nets for 35 scale tanks on my dioramas.... not anymore though...eyes can't handle it ;)

Did I say nice job on the weathering?????????????? 8O ...nice job on the weathering Painless ;)

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha!,
Thanks for the weathering kudos. The Pershing is a world away from where it started. Hey!, I remember kite string. ;o) This stuff is smaller and finer. It's like the stuff Axel sells on his site just not dyed.
I thought it was good find as 5 or 6 bucks for a yard of the Schumo rope is getting pricey.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Needed odds and ends to help upgrade my old Pershing.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha!,
Thanks for the weathering kudos. The Pershing is a world away from where it started. Hey!, I remember kite string. ;o) This stuff is smaller and finer. It's like the stuff Axel sells on his site just not dyed.
I thought it was good find as 5 or 6 bucks for a yard of the Schumo rope is getting pricey.
regards,
Painless
:haha: :haha: :haha: :clap: :clap: :clap:
FANTASTIC COMEBACK PAINLESS :haha:
best representation for "Scale rope" that I've ever heard :haha:

ALPHA

PS...1to1 scale...it's still string Image
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha-matic,
Since we are building scale tanks today, we shall call it 'rope', If we are ever out flying kites off the headlands, it will be called 'string'. I'm good with this. *bows* Now speaking of tanks, how is that L70 coming along?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha-matic,
Since we are building scale tanks today, we shall call it 'rope', If we are ever out flying kites off the headlands, it will be called 'string'. I'm good with this. *bows* Now speaking of tanks, how is that L70 coming along?
regards,
Painless
SEGUE?????????????????? 8O ..........Actually got some work in on the L70...nothing noteworthy.... she took a header off the work station...had to repair some of the schurtzen hooks... the right rear shield....and the elevation unit.... and since I was messing with the gun...put some clearance space in the mantlet so the recoil could operate freely...but that's about it :{

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha, Ouch!
That's one of my biggest fears with this hobby. Being knocked down the stairs by enthusiastic dogs while I'm carefully carrying something I have put hour upon hour of my life into as well as any amount of hard currency. I'm glad that it was repairable and you took the opportunity to do upgrades. I'm looking forward to you rolling it out with markings and a figure.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha, Ouch!
That's one of my biggest fears with this hobby. Being knocked down the stairs by enthusiastic dogs while I'm carefully carrying something I have put hour upon hour of my life into as well as any amount of hard currency. I'm glad that it was repairable and you took the opportunity to do upgrades. I'm looking forward to you rolling it out with markings and a figure.
regards,
Painless
The bright side to that dark event was that the main structure of the tank survived...also the hooks...though they got bent..they stayed where they were mounted..didn't even break off...so all I had to do was a little plier work ..same with the rear shield..the mounts bent...I just bent them back...the shield pretty much came out ok..so I just had to glue it back in place....so not bad...it was a good test so to say...for a two foot drop ...she held up pretty well ;)
and it got me back to working on her...so all I have to do is make those darn control panels finish up some soldering and that should be it...aside from putting some new paint on and the markings :thumbup:

ALPHA
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

Looking good painless love it
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman