Heng Long Pershing Rebuild

Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Heng Long Pershing Rebuild

Post by Jake79 »

The Pershing is such a good looking tank, I agree the stowage looks great....nice work Painless......
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Crates look fine Painless...not too much ...just right...you building a museum too :haha:
Nice display with the Squadron booklets set in place :thumbup:

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

yip, I'm love'n it mate. The 'M.A.S.H. boys would be pleased to see it.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Paul,
Thank you! I'm glad that you like the work. ;o) It was fun bringing one of my oldest tanks forward in time and doing upgrades that I had mulled over for years. There are a few left that will get the same sort of make over, an original WSN T-34\85 and my HL Porsche KT to name a couple. By the time all of that work is done, who knows what will be available on the market? An affordable Elefant with workable suspensions I hope! ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jake,
Thanks for the good thoughts and kind words. I just noticed that the ammo cans on the fenders need something noticeable in the way of hold downs. I'm thinking wire instead of rope. I'll have it sorted out tonight. It's raining here so a Show-Off thread will have to wait for sunshine and warmer temps later this week.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Thank you, my Friend. This tank would not have went so well nor looked as good without your one-off metal air soft barrel and canvas bucket. ;o) The newest work gets displayed on the desk in the middle of the library so I can stop and enjoy it going to and from the office. The library is a sort of museum for all of the 'stuff, old and new, from my life. *chuckles* Next up is that 1/35 Stug Ausf B for research on one of those sometime next year. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
Thank you, Sir. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. That it runs and shoots even better than before is just icing on the cake!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Thank you, my Friend. This tank would not have went so well nor looked as good without your one-off metal air soft barrel and canvas bucket. ;o) The newest work gets displayed on the desk in the middle of the library so I can stop and enjoy it going to and from the office. The library is a sort of museum for all of the 'stuff, old and new, from my life. *chuckles* Next up is that 1/35 Stug Ausf B for research on one of those sometime next year. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Parts is nothing Painless...it's the builder/ modeller that still has to put all the bits together...you did a fine job...super happy the barrel worked for you...and the BUCKET...well... If you hadn't mentioned it... I probably wouldn't have gone back to look for it :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

*chuckles* Glad you saw it there, Alpha, It's a cool piece of detail. ;o) Tonight was researching Marine Pershings in Korea and seeing nothing used but rope, I secured the fender ammo cans with some more of the scale jute. I had not considered them the first time but everyone's nice comments on the stowage caused me to look at the cans again. Rain ended today so hopefully a couple more days will see the build thread done. Pictures:
Attachments
The lower hull is starting to resemble Taigen's painted offering
The lower hull is starting to resemble Taigen's painted offering
Another view of fender and rear plate weathering
Another view of fender and rear plate weathering
Extra weathering done
Extra weathering done
Rope secures the infantry ammo supply
Rope secures the infantry ammo supply
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

String???????????????????????????????? 8O ......you took pictures of STRING?????????????????????????????????? :O ............. :haha: :haha:
Now if that's not a clever segue for a Show Off "thread" ... I don't know what is :haha:

Good Job on the Weathering Painless.:D ...bet you thought I wouldn't notice ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Pershing”