Soviet patrol after the storm

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Soviet patrol after the storm

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Those are not welding marks on the turret cheeks, rather the casting flash that has been cut off.
The welds are typically rough and certainly not put in to a level that would pass even a casual NDT inspection !!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

The T34/85 in Chris' picture is post war production (Polish I think?), and pretty poorly put together - you can put your fingers into the missing weld seam around the rear plate! Wartime ones would probably have been more rushed...
cmryanuk
Lance Corporal

Post by cmryanuk »

MrChef wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:45 am
cmryanuk wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:05 pm Wow, amazing. The only giveaway they're models is the string that doesn't hang like rope. And I'm being pedantic here. Very well made and photographed.
Thank you very much. I appreciate the comment and support. I have burned the offending string since it was first mentioned.
Hopefully you removed it from the tank first, Mr Chef 🤣
Tanks: HL Tiger1 (early, 131), Tamiya Tiger 1 (mid) SS Abt.101 334, HL Snow Leopard
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Gorgeous!
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
ironeye
Recruit

Post by ironeye »

Very well done! Nice attention to detail!
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:52 pm 4. Humble suggestion: the 'rope' holding on the log looks quite like real rope. The 'rope' on the front of T-34(85) 3A looks like packaging cord.
I finally found a pic of the tank with the rope I was sorta, kinda, trying to emulate unsuccessfully=

"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
cmryanuk
Lance Corporal

Post by cmryanuk »

Amazing work and great photos. Hard to tell them from the real thing!
Tanks: HL Tiger1 (early, 131), Tamiya Tiger 1 (mid) SS Abt.101 334, HL Snow Leopard

Return to “Show Off”