Hull,,Turret rotation

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Hull,,Turret rotation

Post by Max-U52 »

Glad the video helped. that's Kevin Grannum, who owns and operates RCTanksAustralia and he knows more about IR tech than anyone else I know. He created the Asp board, among others, so if I were building a serious tank like a 1:3 Abrams, I'd email Kevin just to see what he thinks. If he has a way to use a sabertooth along with an Asp that might be just the ticket for your Abrams. The juno sound board on the asp is really good. Not quite TBS Benedini, but close, and Kevin has some really good sound files for the gas-turbine engine they use in the M1.

Oh yeah, I have an idea for your lathe problem. If you can take your tailstock off and mount a steady rest at the very end of the bed you could turn that barrel and then flip it around to finish it. Does that make any sense? Chuck on one end of your pipe, let the excess hang off the end through the steady rest, turn the end near the chuck and then flip it over the get the other end. To avoid having a step that was in the chuck when you turn the first half, just chuck on the ID of the pipe. Since your lathe can handle three feet and you only need a four foot barrel that should work pretty well. Hope that helps, and I can't wait to see photos of this beast. @) @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Larger Scale Military”