1/6th Tiger Explodes

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Horses45
Corporal

Re: 1/6th Tiger Explodes

Post by Horses45 »

I had looked into getting one of these but as I have nowhere to keep it that's what has stopped me as my collection has outgrown the Dining room where I keep mine so looks like I'm going to have to lose a few before my king tiger comes ;) ,but back on topic I did think these run off 12 or 24 v but you never know as we change things around quite a lot.
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Here's another video from a closer distance and angle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRZfKDZ0urk
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

Designed to run off 24 v (2 x 12 v gel batteries) but some owners are trying other sources of power to save space.
In the last video the blank firer looks to be in tact.

Armortek supplied a heavy duty steel bracket which secures the turret securely the hull floor. If this had been fitted the turret might have remained attached. I hate to think of that turret hitting a scectator standing nearby. It realy is heavy with the blank firer fitted.
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

I was thinking it was lucky that it was near the middle of the arena when it went up. Could have been quite nasty as a few seconds earlier it was very near the crowed. I feel sorry for the guy who put all the work into it.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Paul,
I feel the same way. All of that hard work...The yokels in the crowd laughing didn't help. They probably thought it was all part of the show.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:I was thinking it was lucky that it was near the middle of the arena when it went up. Could have been quite nasty as a few seconds earlier it was very near the crowed. I feel sorry for the guy who put all the work into it.
Yup lots of shrapnel ....Don't really feel sorry.... if it is set up like how John F says it's set up... the guy had to know the risk...I think it's very fortunate the explosion wasn't larger..maybe sending a small piece of metal into that little girl that was in the walker

but hey ...that's part of the large scale hobby...personally I don't think I would be as reckless to run a toy with gun powder in it... :thumbdown:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

pzrwest wrote:Here's another video from a closer distance and angle

I'm a Yokel :haha: :haha: :haha: ...because I thought it was GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ALPHA
karel47
Private

Post by karel47 »

Nope it was a combination of the battery fumes and blank fire goes off made the explosion , this guy uses his tiger allready for many years so he is not risky businees
The week after munster the tank was allready riding again
It has 2 car battery's of 12v in it , i saw him on later events there was no much damage , i think just a battery was changed

Sorry to disappoint you guys , even no repainting was needed
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Not a disappointment at all, and I'm tickled pink to hear that tank continues to soldier on.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

3 years later?

Return to “Larger Scale Military”