KUROMORIMIRO JagdPanther Phase 1..2..and 3

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Just a Quikie

Post by ALPHA »

Lert wrote:
ALPHA wrote:the color in the photos are too deep :D
Colors on a computer screen are very difficult to judge anyways. Especially those of real world objects, photographed with a camera. There's always lighting difference, and different monitors will have different hues - just try to colormatch two different monitors showing the same image from the same computer, it's nigh on impossible.
:haha: :haha: :haha: It's the same with TVs ... thing is aside from the L70 the Jagd tiger and the Elephant ...the colors across the board were consistent..Not to worry...your critique was a valid one...thing is ...there is no JagdPanther with those engine grills :haha:

ALPHA
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

ALPHA wrote:thing is ...there is no JagdPanther with those engine grills :haha:
Nor with flyscreen ones like mine. But hey, it looks ok from a little distance and that's what counts, right?
Last edited by Lert on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Lert wrote:
ALPHA wrote:thing is ...there is no JagdPanther with those engine grills :haha:
Nor with flyscreen ones like mine. But hey, it looks ok from a little distance and that's what counts, right?
Yes indeed Lert... for me it's all about the "IMAGERY" and capturing the spirit of the Anime... It is by far different from doing a Historical build ;)
Just another reason I enjoy this Genre of assembly.... as going the extra mile so to say.... is a plus... but not necessary :D

ALPHA
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

One additional benefit of doing a whole line of german box tanks like in the anime is that in the end you'll end up with a very striking universal theme across the collection. It'll just look incredibly cool.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Lert wrote:One additional benefit of doing a whole line of german box tanks like in the anime is that in the end you'll end up with a very striking universal theme across the collection. It'll just look incredibly cool.
"A"FIRMATIVE :haha: ...for me anyway... like what the others do...but coming home to see imagery of past History isn't my deal... ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

OK....Seeing as I will be using my airbrush on one of my upcoming builds... decided I needed some practice...the perfect subject my JagdPanther..After a revelation of sort....coming to the conclusion that KUROMORIMIRO identifies their "groups" by color of the tank .decided Lert was more correct in the color than I was.... So I mixed another batch of paint that I used on the L70...and set off to work

Before pictures

After
afternoon sunlight

Also needed to see how well I could control the airbrush being the paint I am using isn't Tamiya ...worked ok ...as I was able to get about 1/8 stream on the fine side give or take...and did a little bit of pin lining airbrush style :D

HAPPY TANKING GENTS Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Just another reference shot...courtesy of Lert

HAPPY TANKING GENTSImage

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Got to say Alpha I love your collection of tanks and there commanders :D
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Horses45 wrote:Got to say Alpha I love your collection of tanks and there commanders :D
You have to do what makes it fun...doing them up like this makes it fun for me....hope you like the color change...not much detail..but that's what made this one a good test subject for my re entry into airbrushing :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
The new color seems to be much more accurate to the show. Great job with the airgun!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Jagdpanther”