Dicker Max

tomhugill
Captain

Re: Dicker Max

Post by tomhugill »

The plastic wings on the asiatam hulls (tiger especially) seem to suffer from warping, can be rectified with some bar to support them! The panther hull seems much better!
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

This is the "OLD" Asiatam all metal hull which is quite a bit different than the Tiger and the Panther hulls, although those warp as well with the plastic side wall. The quality of the hull is not the best and it is made from thick metals (not sheets) so it is very difficult to work with. Not the best hull for sure but there isn't much option if you want metal PzIV hull.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:The plastic wings on the asiatam hulls (tiger especially) seem to suffer from warping, can be rectified with some bar to support them! The panther hull seems much better!
How are the Taigens? They are similar ....no? That's pretty terrible for something that should be an upgrade ... the PanzerIV chassis I had to recondition had similar warping but that's because all the internal supports were removed ...straightened it out by putting triangular braces to connect the sides to the bottom of the hull

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

MichaelC wrote:This is the "OLD" Asiatam all metal hull which is quite a bit different than the Tiger and the Panther hulls, although those warp as well with the plastic side wall. The quality of the hull is not the best and it is made from thick metals (not sheets) so it is very difficult to work with. Not the best hull for sure but there isn't much option if you want metal PzIV hull.
Too bad Mato didn't make a Panzer IV.... they did a solid job on the III :thumbup:

ALPHA
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

The new Taigen KT/Panther/Tiger hulls all have sheet metal bottoms and sides with plastic exterior sides and that's why they are prone to warping as the front and back plates are plastic. The Asiatam PzIV is similar to the Mato Tiger all metal hulls where basically it is a thick metal tubs with NO plastic pieces. I think it is the same as the Mato PzIII hull.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

MichaelC wrote:The new Taigen KT/Panther/Tiger hulls all have sheet metal bottoms and sides with plastic exterior sides and that's why they are prone to warping as the front and back plates are plastic. The Asiatam PzIV is similar to the Mato Tiger all metal hulls where basically it is a thick metal tubs with NO plastic pieces. I think it is the same as the Mato PzIII hull.
So yours is all Metal ?,,, man that is just something wrong with the cooling process if it comes out of the mold and warps like that...is there no way to hammer it out? When I did the FOV Sherman... the upper was all cast metal... the major flaw was a shovel retainer that was molded to the hull... luckily it had just enough flex that I could hammer that piece out and fit it into the gap left below it ...it was spooky for sure..thought it might crack.... but all went well :thumbup:

ALPHA
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

Thank you MichaelC for your reply to my questions and the pictures showing how you placed all the electronics,battery, receiver along with the on/off switch. some questions I have are, Will the clark 35 board work or be capable with the Tamiya battle system. the speaker you are using is that an 8 ohm speaker and where did you purchase the clark board.
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

While reading about the speaker and it's placement with the sound not being that loud,on this site that you posted can-amrctankclub it was mentioned maybe the speaker could be placed or turned around and that holes could then be drilled. This is just a thought that I had while I was building I had wanted to place the speaker under the gun mount facing up and have the sound travel up and out through both the side stacks/vent that would exit the vehicle .
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

CHIEFSONN, the Clark Tk35 is functional equivalent as the Tk22 so it will be compatible with the Tamiya Battle system. The speaker is the new Taigen speaker and I am pretty sure it is 8 ohm. The speaker I think can be place firing upward, and you can even use two, one of each of the side stack. Thanks for the idea, I might consider that if I found the sound inadequate.

The Clark board I purchased from Immortal Hobbies. I am not too sure if he is stocking it as I just bought the one he has. The other option is to use smaller battery like lipo and still use a tk22 but I don't think you will be able to use two speakers then.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Latest update...... Done for the time being. Metal pioneer tools, jack and block added as well as barrel cleaning sticks. Everything is working. Just need to figure out how to make it IR battle ready or might not bother. Also include a new clip of the open cab recoil.
DSCN0698.JPG
DSCN0699.JPG
DSCN0696.JPG
DSCN0697.JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAM3zw1dgok

MichaelC

Return to “Panzer IV”