tiger rebuild my christmas project

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: tiger rebuild my christmas project

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Afternoon,
Everything I see about these Taigen\Asiatam hulls makes me like them that much more. Beautiful work there, Daktari. Thank you for posting the pictures.
Happy Holidays,
Painless
I agree Painless.... I tend to like it better than the Tamiyas :D

ALPHA
daktari
Private

Post by daktari »

hi alpha
yes thats a model railway in the back ground im still building it 13 years so far its em gauge 4mm to the foot 1/76 scale and it has trains with tanks on its based on north west london in june 1918 when a lot of tanks and milatary equpment were being shipped out france.
iwill take some photos and post in railway section.

dak
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

daktari wrote:hi alpha
yes thats a model railway in the back ground im still building it 13 years so far its em gauge 4mm to the foot 1/76 scale and it has trains with tanks on its based on north west london in june 1918 when a lot of tanks and milatary equpment were being shipped out france.
iwill take some photos and post in railway section.

dak
I knew that was a railroad switch control :D ...not to mention the cross section across your door... it's the only way to run a railroad :haha: interesting scale... just a tad larger than HO and a tad smaller than O...are you running vintage engines... the only brand that comes to mind that made an odd scale is American Flyer who has long faded into model railroad history

I used to model the Pennsylvania railroad... when they were in the hay day... as I enjoyed the designs of Robert Lowey...His streamlined T1 and K4 were my favorite engines.... one that I still treasure and have is the RT 624 center cab transfer... one of the most unusual engines I've seen

good to see railroading is alive and well :D

apologies for taking attention off your TIGER it's going to be a fine piece ... :thumbup:

ALPHA
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

great work. Really flying along.

what headlamp did you use ?
Drammen Rock City
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Boy that Zim certainly looks like a times saver!!! Nice work so far.
daktari
Private

Post by daktari »

hi the headlight came from forgebear on ebay.
the locos on the layout are kit built mainly brass and white metal.
dak
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

daktari wrote:hi the headlight came from forgebear on ebay.
the locos on the layout are kit built mainly brass and white metal.
dak
Very cool daktari.... are you focusing on British railway equipment? I did a set.with two saddle tankers dressed as German switchers... and hooked them to the Hasegawa THOR ... and ANZIO ANNIE...boy did it raise eyebrows at one of the club meets I used to attend :haha: ...sure the scale was a little off... but with just a little mod to the trucks...and wheels taken from an Athearn engine.. both made nice runners

I still have a few of my brass engines... one the RT624 which I mentioned... the streamlined K4 ...and my T1...also that same model by bowser in white metal...to which I feel happy about keeping because of the prices they command now days other models are still pretty easy to find
unfortunately my railroading days are pretty much past.. I still love my trains... but hardly had the time to really enjoy them...now it's relegated or mutated itself into collecting O scale cabooses :haha: particularly the N5 series Pennsy ran... I have just about all the N5c Porthole models... two N8 one lionel ...the other mth and a few N5 in metal and plastic ...if I have the time.. I'll try to get a photo of the 624....I left it bare in the condition it came in and made another to run from a GP 40 extending the chassis and fabricating the upper

Have a good one daktari ;)

ALPHA
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi Daktari,
That is one VERY impressive 'Man Cave' that you have there.... or should it be 'Man Lodge '.................. Nice to see a place that looks organised !!!
.....My room is organised but in 'Chronological Order'....The first thing I put down is on the 'Bottom' .....and the last thing that I put down is on the 'Top' ! .... :haha:
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Hello Daktari , just a note about the zim on the hull rear - it wasn't applied behind the exhaust shields, as it would catch alight ! 8O
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
daktari
Private

Post by daktari »

hi blimp
yes your right about the zim i realised after i stuck it on so will cut round exhast and remove hopefully

having fun
dak

Return to “Tiger I”