DUKW Scratch Builds 1/16 & 1/9.25

Up to the end of WWII
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: DUKW Scratch Builds

Post by Ecam »

Since 432% of the seams are on the bottom, I applied the urethane to it only. Earlier in the build I added a coat to the inside as well.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

My stuff dont float mate.........you got a WHOLE lot going on to do what you are doing with these boat-o-IFV's that your doing.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

A rare cool three days in the Ozarks. Near 100 degrees next week around here. Got some primer on the hull. Any bigger and I'll have to whip out the autobody spray guns.

The other man cave. A/C, heat and a bunch of room. Crank up the radio/satellite, CD /8 track Reel to reel....

I have fond memories of Mike rocking out to Lawrence Welk. He cut a mean rug to the accordion. Who knew? Finding partners at his shin dig was tricky.

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Damn if that set up aint just right to be a recluse !............... ;) you say accordion, but I see in my head Banjo !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:04 am you say accordion, but I see in my head Banjo !!
Interesting you should mention that. A large percentage of the folks around here play the Banjo. I hear it often in the evenings, especially near the rivers and creeks.

It must be a standard class in school, much like Mike's square dancing course.

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

"Southern By The Grace O God " (sounded to me like Garrrd)...................I had several conversations with local/yokels in areas of the U.S. that asked where I was from........ well?, further south than you are thats for sure!! And the way I must sound to them, they absolutely believed me 8O
And that saying came back pretty quick. I dont reckon they got the notion that I was from the southern hemisphere rather than the Southern States !!
Plus I was hooking into the Jack Daniels hard, free-poured & cheap, so I was shamefully over indulging .
Ahhh the good ole days
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

I tend to get similar results. Southern California doesn't equate to the south when it comes to the war between the states. All of the boys (3) were born on Camp Pendleton. Southern California but not the south in the civil war.

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Wise guy that I am, @) I cannot resist adding that the wringer washer on the porch is true Southern Hospitality. :P In the mid- to late-'70s lived in Greensboro, NC. At the time, one of my colleagues wrote directions to his place in Kernersville (recently in the news): "Turn right at the road chickens." Those chickens were just as reliable as GPS. Greensboro was the most cosmopolitan place I have ever lived, although less than an inch of snow caused havoc, much to the amusement of this Wisconsin boy. :haha:
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

In college in Dallas, rain was entertaining. I would park near an intersection for hours just to be amused at the locals. Living in Colorado, and driving big trucks in the mountains for a number of years, I adjusted to various weather conditions. 4 wheeling, I've had snow in July @ 13-14,000 feet (several times).

(Southern Hemisphere people, July is mid summer for us).

Eric
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Put some dark Olive out of a spray can. Rust-Oleum Satin (241237). I think I will go with this one as the builders changed the paint formula a couple times to help with the salt water corrosion. A few of the color pictures around for the DUKWs show a bit of shine to the paint jobs. The other reason, squirting this thing with my air brush would take a long time, and many cup refills.

Eric

Return to “Wheeled and Half-Tracked Vehicles”