KUROMORIMIRO JagdPanzer IV L70 (V)

Fixes and mods for the HL Panzer IV
scalawag

Re: KUROMORIMIRO JagdPanzer IV L70 (V)

Post by scalawag »

The convoy light looks really goo too ALPHA. It sits nicely in that gap, do you have it working?
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:The convoy light looks really goo too ALPHA. It sits nicely in that gap, do you have it working?
Yes indeed Scalawag... I didn't hook her up for constant running... just like my other tanks... I hooked the light from the firing mech into the convoy light housing... so kind of like a brake light but not lol ... the LED is red... but because the lens is blue...kind of comes out a redish purple :D

ALPHA
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

ALPHA wrote:
scalawag wrote:The convoy light looks really goo too ALPHA. It sits nicely in that gap, do you have it working?
Yes indeed Scalawag... I didn't hook her up for constant running... just like my other tanks... I hooked the light from the firing mech into the convoy light housing... so kind of like a brake light but not lol ... the LED is red... but because the lens is blue...kind of comes out a redish purple :D

ALPHA
Sounds cool 8)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote: Sounds cool 8)
Like fynsdad's pinup.... since my KV2 that's kind of become a trademark installation :D ....invested in some micro connectors meant for helicopters for ease of removal...I kind of like the feature than having the rear lights on all the time...they drain the battery lol....On the two convoy lights I've done... it's handy having it intermittent as I'm not sure the lenses can hold up to constant illumination from the LED... I know they don't run too hot... but dang they'd be hard to change if they warped :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

Glad you found a use for my idea of using tin can metal. Cheaper than brass but with practice can be worked into just about anything.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:Glad you found a use for my idea of using tin can metal. Cheaper than brass but with practice can be worked into just about anything.
I can't tell you how that suggestion haunted me....When I found the perfect gauge of steel... the technique worked like a charm...didn't use it for the rear shield itself...but all the brackets and mounts were made of it...also the travel mount....and all of the straps on the tools that required them....Even fabricated a protection plate for under the jack... what can I say... all worked out great :D

Thanks again Giant :thumbup:

ALPHA
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Looking great Alpha, the convoy light is fantastic looking :thumbup:
Good job!
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

How far of a show off spot are you mate ?
I guess you are doing the hair & make up of its flamboyant commander now eh :D
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Markocaster wrote:Looking great Alpha, the convoy light is fantastic looking :thumbup:
Good job!
Thanks Mark.... hope you enjoyed the transformation...I know I did...and feel everyone should try this type of build at least once :D
The convoy light? Super simple.. maybe I'll draw up some plans...perhaps PM them to you or whomever would like to try and make some... it would be a nice addition to your Tiger...pretty easy once you get the hang if it...me? I hook mine to the fire warning light...so it works intermittently ...but can easily be hooked up to the circuit that powers the headlight so it can run all the time :D

Happy Tanking sir Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:How far of a show off spot are you mate ?
I guess you are doing the hair & make up of its flamboyant commander now eh :D
Not sure Herman... most of the work is sorted... a few more tweeks to the internals... touch up...and decals....unfortunately ... just like everyone.. life sometimes gets in the way....so at the moment .. hours of work ... has been whittled down to what I can do in a few minutes or so :'(

Hopefully Soon :D

ALPHA

Return to “HL Panzer IV”