KUROMORIMIRO JagdPanzer IV L70 (V)

Fixes and mods for the HL Panzer IV
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: KUROMORIMIRO JagdPanzer IV L70 (V)

Post by dgsselkirk »

Looking good Alpha... :thumbup:

I too have always like the L70 lines. Had some fun last battleday as some of the big high boys were actually shooting over me! I made sure my apple was as low as legally possible.

Can't wait for paint!
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

dgsselkirk wrote:Looking good Alpha... :thumbup:

I too have always like the L70 lines. Had some fun last battleday as some of the big high boys were actually shooting over me! I made sure my apple was as low as legally possible.

Can't wait for paint!
It's really low and sleek...almost like a Ferrari :haha: ...I always wondered about how one like this would battle.... if profile actually played in...as usually IR will take note from a certain radius .... it's cool to know the low profile does have effect like in a real scenario ..kind of cool actually... as if you had enough of them...a full frontal assault sounds very possible ;)

Thanks for the input dgsellkirk... wish I had gone your Zim route... but that's life in the world of GUP :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Soooo.... make another one with zim! :D Can never go wrong having 2 L70's...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

dgsselkirk wrote:Soooo.... make another one with zim! :D Can never go wrong having 2 L70's...
8O Boy... no pressure ........... :haha: ....not sure I have enough makings to do another....but really ...I wouldn't mind...thing is in GUP...they played such a small part...think one got blown up during the attack on the mountain....that didn't deter me from doing one though...just can't get past the "looks" of the tank... so a definite "maybe" on doing another...but for sure...what will follow this will be the King Tiger :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

More pictures soon Gents.... most of the small detail painting is done....but sorting out some of the internals the other night ...the upper hull fell awkwardly and broke one of the hatches...spent some time repairing that...currently trying to figure out the convoy light ;)

EXCELLENT TANKING GENTSImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

New Photos

My homemade convoy light ...thanks to Scalawag ...I have a better idea of what they should look like :D

Made from antenna stock and sprue for the end caps...not quite as nice as the cast versions... but one heck of a lot more affordable :haha:
Schurtzen hooks were pinned with steel wire... they can get knocked about...perhaps break loose but will not fall off ;)

Interestingly enough... the brown paint for the handles of the cutters axe and shovel were the same.... it just took a life of it's own as I applied it...left it be ... Also the barrel cleaner set ... I left it in it's natural metal state ... for some reason it just looked right so I just left it :D
That's it for now... :D

HAPPY TANKING GENTSImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
I am so glad that you did not throw that lower hull away back when you were considering whether or not to do this build with it. Look at what you have accomplished. That vehicle is museum grade, absolutely.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
I am so glad that you did not throw that lower hull away back when you were considering whether or not to do this build with it. Look at what you have accomplished. That vehicle is museum grade, absolutely.
regards,
Painless
Thanks Painless.... Not sure if she's Museum grade....perhaps more "stock out of the box " grade :haha: ...with that said... I already have a name for her... as she was in great part inspired by fynsdad
Scratchbuilding / Kitbashing... is still a relatively lost technique ...especially with RC tankery....he beat me to the Chaffee build...which I didn't mind...because of the ingenious way he got it done... and the speed in which he did it ;) ..Not to mention his Stuart and his many Sherman variants

So I'm dedicating this build to fynsdad.... and naming this tank..."FRANK"ENSCHTEIN :D as she was built from bits ...and does wear a crown of loops on the perimeter of her brow ;)

ALPHA
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Thats looking great ALPHA. I like the detailing on the tools.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:Thats looking great ALPHA. I like the detailing on the tools.
Thanks Scalawag.... what do you think of my scratched out convoy light ? :haha: ....A lot gets lost on the tools once they get painted ...I'm just glad I could pin them without any of them breaking :D

ALPHA

Return to “HL Panzer IV”