New King Tiger with Porsche prototype Turret

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: New King Tiger with Porsche prototype Turret

Post by Johnf »

Fully agree with Pete. Bag is a complete waste of time ans as for paint I would prefer bare plastic.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Dave just saying what I think,I dont want a bag so why would I pay more ,for a tank that has plastic gears,By the way the plastic gears wouldnt move this tank on anything other than a flat floor.Hit any grass it would stop.
The Torro King Tiger looks better with all the metal (and it has Zimmerit done),but even that tank needs 4:1 gears fitting and better electrics.

regards pete
panzer3
Private

Post by panzer3 »

i have to say i agree , a good basic tank with good electrics and running gear is the ideal ,,,,,,,most change things to suit anyway ,
Andy in Cheltenham
Corporal

Post by Andy in Cheltenham »

I'm assuming that the company were hoping that you guys would heap praise on it, but you know what you want and this aint it. :wtf:
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

Indeed :haha:

however the contact is very open, and the only way they can improve their products is through constructive criticism, which is happening as we speak :)
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

The Waltersons website has posted a letter from the President of Heng Long regarding the Porsche King Tiger release from Heng Long.

http://waltersons.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
panzer3
Private

Post by panzer3 »

a interesting letter .
Last edited by panzer3 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Given time, and feedback we may see a better product,that is after all in their best interest and the members of RCTANKWARFARES best interest.

This may take some time,but they are seeing the response for under development,and hopefully realize that better quality has to be incorporated in their products.

Simply calling something Premium does note make it so,the substance must be premium,better motors,gearboxes,electronics. They also need time to change, and a better understanding of the people that use their products, US.

Waltersons is a new company,they have made mistakes,they may again. But their interest in our Forum,and members objective Honest feedback about their product is a positive sign that the manufacturers realize they must change,quality has always been an issue,as have components that do not work,or fail very quickly.

We have been given an opportunity to influence the Hobby through open communication with manufacturing. Change takes time,no one has to buy any product if their unhappy with the quality,functions or price.

The purpose of working with Waltersons is to effect positive change,and that cannot happen overnight,given time this new company may well produce better tanks,and a larger variety. That is the goal,so members feedback is important. Member feedback Waltersons can see for themselves, all they have to do is read,simple.
pathcbx
Recruit

Post by pathcbx »

just a small point from a new member ! .. there were only 50 ( approx ) king tigers made with the porsche turret .. in around 1944 ..... the war was well into europe by that time ... so why would we want a tank in desert camoflage ? .. it never took part in any action in the desert ! .. a little more research required by the producer perhaps ? ... the kind of people who want these models are ... us ! .... and we know the campaigns they were used in ... small point i know but do we buy something just to start repainting or could waltersons do a little research before they release them ! .. rant over .big smile .. pathcbx
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

They have used the term Desert Dark Yellow based on the original Tamiya release, we have detailed the proper term to them and the paints actual name. The change of color affected all German Armor from early 1943. Dunkelgrau( Dark Grey) to Dunkelgleb nach Muster (Tan ) has been well documented,yet even Tamiya got the term wrong.

Also Waltersons color was not even close to the Tamiya XF-60 Dark Yellow, they have much to correct. We shall be waiting to see their next offering.
Another observation about the color,compare the Tiger in the Museum to the King Tiger and note the base color difference.
http://tankmuseum.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bovington King Tiger (Porsche Design Turret)
Bovington King Tiger (Porsche Design Turret)

Return to “Hobby News”