HL Tiger with elmod electronics

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: HL Tiger with elmod electronics

Post by tiger205 »

hi kev
        my modules are the slightly older versions. elmod have now updated thier range, basically what you need now is a booster, and blaster, the booster now has the old TLS built into it, and the blaster is an updated version of what i have now, you can link these up to the HL radio, but the best way to do it is get a 4 or 6 channel radio set, it can work out expensive but in my opinion well worth it, check out the elmod webshop for prices http://www.el-mod.de/ , thomas and jurgen are really helpfull so feel free to talk to them about youre needs

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Yep, thats what I have in mine. Things to look out for when installing the new kit:

If your on/off switch is going on externally then install the switch before you solder the wires onto it, as it pushes into place from the outside, if you solder the wires on first then you can't fit the switch without disconnecting them from the board (or fit bullet connectors internally).

Best way to mount the booster board is on Maplins stand offs. I removed 2/3 of my battery box and cut a rectangle of styrene sheet. The styrene sheet is lifted off the base of the hull by two lengths of Plastruct girder sections, thus avoiding all of the rough edges left when removing the battery box. I rigged mine so that the battery connector is in the remaining part of the battery box, this allows me to recharge the battery by removing the undertray. The stand offs are then connected through the new base board. Just make sure that there is enough room on the side to allow the overhang on the heatsink to fit.

If you are going to fit an IR unit then you also need to make sure that you have somewhere to put it so that it doesn't touch the main boards.

If you have metal suspension support rails, make sure nothing is going to short out on them.

Once the base is in, as you know, you have to line up those 'oh so fragile' pins to slot in the booster. The snag is that you can't see them all once the base is in situ. It's as fiddly as hell every time I remove mine.

Take great care with the flash card, treat the holder as if it was wet tissue paper.

Check where all of your wiring will go, especially the turret wiring. A few people saw the bottom half off the BB gun to allow more clearance, as with the gun on full elevation and rotating, it can catch on the Elmod wiring and start to tug things loose.

IMHO - Swap the Tiger gun sound for the King Tiger one, it's much better.

Have fun... there isn't a lot of room in these Tigers!

Cheers

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
STEINER
Sergeant

Post by STEINER »

Thanks  Rob,

I'm in no rush to complete the build, I plan to take my time and the advice from you and other members on the fit of the elmod units is invaluable.

Cheers.
Do you realize how much I hate this uniform and all it stands for. ( Cross of Iron )

Return to “El-Mod”