My new toy

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: My new toy

Post by wibblywobbly »

There aren't many about, and they go for silly money on Ebay, Hooben do a super detailed 3 motor version? Its only £175??

The hull and superstructure are now smoothed, finished and resprayed. Some of the ammo boxes have been made, but the rest will have to go on a back burner till my building work is finished...got some stunning empty lakes here to run her on though.

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

sorry got the scale wrong the 37" verion is 1/32nd, the 49" is 1/24th. be lots of fun on the water when its done :)
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well over the last few months I have done the odd bit and piece to the Perkasa...I thought it looked ok in the pics when I bought it...then when I got it home one thing led to another, as they do...

I completely stripped the boat down.
Rubbed filled and sanded etc the hull till the deck/hull join was super smooth.
Did the same with the superstructure.
Did the same with the torpedo racks, and torpedo's. Split them all apart and totally rebuilt the resin/brass kits.
Bought resin kits for the front and rear guns, the originals were horrible balsa at the front and totally the wrong gun at the rear.
Built ammo storage boxes out of styrene.
Built window frames, and the crew deck.
Built brass torpedo retaining straps and deck poles.
Added resin deck hatches.

There has been an awful lot of filler, primer and paint gone into this boat, and it still isn't finished??

Then I have to replace all of the running gear....

God those pics are rubbish, I will try again when I get some daylight and use my proper camera!

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Hi Rob, My pal Danl from RCU who has a fully working square rig three masted brig sent me some links for scale guns.thought it may be of use,they seem to sell about everything needed for boats and ship. Here is the link,and please post some better pictures. cheers Blake

http://www.model-dockyard.com/acatalog/ ... _Kits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.modelexpo-online.com/page.asp?lp=8010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”