Current Heng Long prices on ebay

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Current Heng Long prices on ebay

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I have seen all manner of pricing confusion among Toucan (and Color-Never-Fade, apparently a Toucan spin-off or something): prices can differ among Toucan's own web site, Amazon, and eBay. Then, too, Toucan tends to advertise various confusing levels of HengLong tank qualities and to put together photos of parts for sale, and one must recognize what Toucan calls a given part and what it's separate price is. These matters have frustrated me. However, once I have figured out the exact tank or part and least expensive ordering and shipping, I have always found Toucan to be a fair deal and to be fast and correct in shipping.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Bcorson wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:12 pm I've noticed Toucans magical mystery shipping prices. They sell through Amazon with free shipping but the product is $20-30 more than they sell on eBay , and from their website it's just crazy. Patience is the name of the game here me thinks.
Yes so since Amazon includes shipping they'll include it in their price so it will be higher there. It's almost like car shopping. :P

Ebay they offer lets say 3 of the same item at 3 different prices then list 3 different shipping prices that when added to all 3 sale items will add to almost the same price for all 3 in the end.

Yep shop around and be aware.

But I haven't had any bad experience with Toucan or their Ebay sellers as long as I was aware how they worked.

I've also had good experiences with Motion RC and Taigen.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Bcorson
Recruit

Post by Bcorson »

Thanks for the information Herr Dr. professor. It really helps a newbie find their way.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:38 pm I have seen all manner of pricing confusion among Toucan (and Color-Never-Fade, apparently a Toucan spin-off or something): prices can differ among Toucan's own web site, Amazon, and eBay. Then, too, Toucan tends to advertise various confusing levels of HengLong tank qualities and to put together photos of parts for sale, and one must recognize what Toucan calls a given part and what it's separate price is. These matters have frustrated me. However, once I have figured out the exact tank or part and least expensive ordering and shipping, I have always found Toucan to be a fair deal and to be fast and correct in shipping.
See my explanation above about Toucans pricing and how it relates to shipping costs as per Ebay sales.

"Color never fade" is just 1 of Toucan RC's Ebay sales accounts. When I've won auctions from that one or "Porcelain Lady" I've had the item I've paid for shipped from their NJ warehouse and arrive at my door within 24 hours.

Sometimes you can get good deals directly from the Toucan site too. I got 3 sets of plastic Tiger I tracks for $3.99 each.

Ya want no guesswork and fair market pricing? Just order from Motion RC. If you have time and like to compare, calculate and search out a good deal? Ebay auction one of Toucans sellers. just always be aware of the shipping cost differences. And remember that Motion RC ships for free for sales over $100. but it may take 3-5 days. Toucan on the other hand if it is in stock has been 2 days tops for me.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

It is chinese holidays, and the big markets like aliexpress, ebay and such dont allow their sellers to remove adds or they get punished. Sellers also should deliver in time or get punished so what they do is put the price very high so people will wait with ordering (well some dont of course)
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Bcorson
Recruit

Post by Bcorson »

Thanks for the info jee. I was worried that I'd get priced out of the hobby I just got into.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. (Max who?) I need to give Motion RC a longer lookie, cookie. I have it bookmarked, but never spent much time checking. I'm too busy getting :crazy: in old age.
Bcorson
Recruit

Post by Bcorson »

Motion RC has a good website albeit a little slow, well on my tablet. Also they have a lot of stuff on YouTube.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

This sometimes happens in the miniatures hobby as well. Chinese vendors will list items at ridiculous prices in an attempt to gauge just how much someone will pay for them, particularly when it comes to holidays in both China and the Wesr. I’ve also noticed that places like Toucan do the same thing many miniatures providers and painters do: they’ll set up multiple accounts and list the same items at various price points to cast a wider net.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
zooma
Lance Corporal

Post by zooma »

I notice that Toucan Hobby are charging £49 delivery on this Abrams !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394295315233

Is this a new record?
Never too old to learn........

Return to “General Discussion”