Hi and greetings from Norway!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Hi and greetings from Norway!

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"yellow...ERA on the turret roof...yellow band on the fume evacuator and other similar yellow I.D. marks": Thank you! I was especially curious about the fume extractor color.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

I dimly recall from years ago a discussion on the late Hobby Havoc a discussion of a HengLong tank that offered "better sex." Bix, do any of you remember that one? I wouldn't be surprised if I have that hilarious "instruction" sheet in some tank box.
Fedda75
Recruit

Post by Fedda75 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:09 pm I am rather ignorant about tanks after WWII. Your "T-90 tank painted in Ukrainian colours" seems to me to be in the Russian base color, but there must be a difference. Can you point out the differences or lead me to a source from which I could learn?
We have seen and will probably see a lot of tanks painted in the Russian base colors being used by the Ukrainians seeing how many are being captured on the battlefield. My specific tank is based on a recently captured T-90A being put to good use by the Ukrainian military. My specific tank is far from being accurate though because it is not the T-90A variant but the T-90 1992 variant with a different turret.
I will try to attach a couple of photos of the original tank mine is based on. Regarding color schemes I can recommend the War in Ukraine series of books by Helion & Company. https://www.helion.co.uk/conflicts/russ ... 2b5557a2c3
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2023-11-25 175518.png
Skjermbilde 2023-11-25 175518.png (2.02 MiB) Viewed 728 times
Skjermbilde 2023-11-25 175439.png
Skjermbilde 2023-11-25 175439.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 728 times
Fedda75
Recruit

Post by Fedda75 »

Panzer Fenris wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:00 pm Hei, og velkommen! :)
Er ikke mange som holder på med denne hobbyen i Norge.
Hei og takk for det! Du har jo rett i det, er jo helst fly og helikopter det går i for de som driver med militært RC i kongeriket Norge :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
If you check out the Forum you will see that we have members interested in R/C Airplanes and Ships we even have specific pages just for them,
I fly an r/c Helicopter and a number of large scale fixed wing aircraft and a recently purchased 1/16 r/c Piper Cub as well as Trucks and Tanks as do plenty of others here so dont feel out of it you will find that you are in good company,
Enjoy this place and do ask questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

I'm liking that T90...alot!

Mike.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Hullo and welcome from the West Coast of Scotland. One model on my list is a T90.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Thank you for the book reference and URL! A retired prof. accustomed to reading, I can be a bit bookish. But now I read books about AFVs and etc., many of which are as scholarly as or more scholarly than the stuff I used to read.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”