Porsche Tiger VK 45.01(P)

c.rainford73
Major

Re: Porsche Tiger VK 45.01(P)

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you for checking in :wave: I'm lucky to have Mr Michael C from the forum willing to part with it.

I'd be hard pressed to achieve such a nice paint job so I'm doing as much as possible to prevent any damage.

The improved printer filament arrives Friday so I'll be able to get a few test prints of the suspension pieces done and then mount them.

It's now time to tidy up the interior and find a way to mount the large Visaton speaker and enclosure Stian sent to me :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

So I've fitted the first set of 3-D printed suspension and finally received my order of the super strong kevlar reinforced pla for my Tiger I. I've been messing around with the swing arms and hull mounts and this new gunmetal grey filament is indeed much stronger and cleaner when printed.

I've been toying with the idea of elimination of the spring and of course the weakest point of the original metal suspension pieces where the swing arms and suspension wheel carriers meet so I've printed off a few test pieces for the Tiger.

For the amount I plan to run it about the single swing arm design may work out for me. It's much stronger and simpler and should easily carry the weight of my metal hull.

They will need cleaning and sanding.

Thanks for checking in

CarlImageImageImageImageImage
Koenigstiger 007
Recruit

Post by Koenigstiger 007 »

Hello Carl,

looks very fine !

Best greetings

Guenther :clap:
>>make love - not Schrott (scrap metal)
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you Guenther will update once I fit the assemblies :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I've printed off the suspension repair pieces in stronger Kevlar reinforced filament and the parts are much better. There is very little flex on the hull attachment arms and the wheel carriers are better supported.

I gave the lower hull a fresh coat of paint and also painted the suspension pieces to match.

Onto the interior next, so I can tidy up the wiring and install the large Visaton speaker. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I hope I do not detract from your excellent work by point out that there is also some [he]artwork on the wall behind the modeling supplies, in front of and above to the right of the screwdrivers. :)
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I hope I do not detract from your excellent work by point out that there is also some [he]artwork on the wall behind the modeling supplies, in front of and above to the right of the screwdrivers. :)
Yes indeed, my children have always made such neat little pictures and I can't bear to tell them not to hang them everywhere :crazy:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl,
A lovely piece of work there! You did a great job of work researching material and then [printing out working replacements for Asiatam's pot metal pieces. Please post out on how they work long term. I for one ( and many others no doubt ) have an Elefant in the closet awaiting a Build.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Painless I will be sure to post a video of the suspension pieces during testing and if they survive I'll gladly print some kits for those of us who have " an elefant in the closet" so we can run about without worry of a major break or breaks! :thumbup:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Oh my goodness Carl you will make this beast a perfect tank ! As Tom says, it runs great even with snapping swing arms.

You might be onto something as side business selling the new swing arms for all the Asiatam Elephant owners there, present company included.

Lovely lovely stuff.

MichaelC.

Return to “Ferdinand”