3D Printed T-26

Up to the end of WWII.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: 3D Printed T-26

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have a set, and extra links, free if you want them ;)
Brand new.
Pm me with your address and I will get them away
Attachments
076791F9-04DC-49F3-A9E3-E1A6886A96C2.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Got a little more printing done and some more fitting work. It's starting to look like a tank.

All the parts printed so far and a quick mock up of the inside. Actually quite roomy. Still have one last tray of parts printing. The only printing after that will be if any parts break in assembly.

Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Interesting Tank, following with interest
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I, too, am following with interest and admiration, albeit far less knowledge than Will and others. I would be thrilled to have a 3D printer, but even my hobby budget and space have their limits (and I'm not complaining). Keep up your patient work. With my respect, Ed in the frozen north.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have one more day of mandatory wuhan isolation then I can get to a post office & send your tracks.
I can see one of those T26s ending up down here one day for sure !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme

Post by tankme »

Been doing a few things here and there on this build. Got all the bearings installed in the transmission, fitted the sprockets to the shafts/test fit them, mounted the return roller mounts/cut brass tube for them, did a bunch of barrel/elevation fitting, and installed the bogie mounts. Still can't finish the transmissions as I'm waiting for the gears from China as I couldn't find the right ones for a decent price in the US. The recoil and traverse motors are arriving next week.

Still lots of sanding and finishing work to do. Been looking for a cheap way to do all the rivet detail. Found some rivets I may be able to 3D print. Here's how she sits at the moment.

Been spreading the bench time around to a bunch of different tanks. I worked on the Tamiya Sherman I bought years ago and got it fully functional again. Still want to do some more detail work on that one. I repaired/improved my SU-152 recoil that I roasted after stabbing the barrel into the dirt at our battle day. Totally fried the little 4g Spektrum servo I was using. I also heated up the casemate walls to straighten out the warping. I'm waiting for the resin I poured to harden to keep that from happening again. Installed the TK-40 from the SU-152 in my Taigen IS-2 as the SU got the newer TK-50. I gutted it's turret and installed a "Clark type" servo recoil that I printed myself. Only thing that tank is now lacking is an apple mount to be battle worthy. There are tons of little mods to all of those tanks also. Need to fix my T-72 recoil that mysteriously stopped working at the battle day...and the list goes on an on...:)
Derek
tankme

Post by tankme »

I haven't updated this thread in quite some time, but there was a lot of drilling and fitting involved to get to this point. I printed a bunch of extra magnet mounts so I was able to magnetize the front plate, the rear deck, the turret top, and the turret deck for easy maintenance. I was able to test run the motors off the control board and everything seemed to work fine.

The road wheels all have bearing installed in them (two per wheel). What a PITA that was. I still need to pull each one off and remove a bit of "elefant's foot" off the inside of each wheel from the printing process. These were printed on my old 3D printer and the Bambu Labs printer wouldn't do this, but I'm not going to reprint them at this point as it was so much work to get the bearings in the wheels. I just can't help the fact that I won't build a tank with plastic on metal rubbing. Most of the ready made 3D tank STLs don't account for bearings on the road wheels.

And our friend Herman from down under sent me his unused PZ3 tracks for the project. So thanks to him for that. 8)

Derek
Derek
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

More than happy to help in anyway to get this into life !
Let me know when its available in kit form ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kyoz84
Recruit

Post by Kyoz84 »

Excellent work. I'm planning to start printing the 3dprintedtanks.com 1/10 scale sherman. Where did you source your stl files? Also what made you choose ABS and ASA over PETG? from my research its the best material for these tanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Kyoz84 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:36 am Excellent work. I'm planning to start printing the 3dprintedtanks.com 1/10 scale sherman. Where did you source your stl files? Also what made you choose ABS and ASA over PETG? from my research its the best material for these tanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Files are on cults3d
Regards,
Jaap :wave:

Return to “Other”