My 1/6th SdKfz250 a WIP

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
pzrwest
Corporal

Re: My 1/6th SdKfz250 a WIP

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
In these pics I have made the connections between the motor and the differential, and between the differential and the drive sprockets.
This next pic is of the motor now secured and ready to add the bellhouseing
Here is a couple pics of the bellhouseing made from a section cut from a plastic pop bottle. The dash and radio are just printed pics glued to pieces of styrene and just there to see how it will look when I get the resin items
and finally here are a couple videos of the halftrack under power. Still learning how to work the new digital camera. I need to adjust the slipper clutch in the differential so it has less slip. Hope they work

pzrwest - SdKfz250-01-1.flv
pzrwest - SdKfz250-02-1.flv
Last edited by pzrwest on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
vonrundstedt
Staff Sergeant

Post by vonrundstedt »

Looking great! ;D
"He knows every thing about nothing, and not so much about that, if you know somebody who knows what he knows, then you must know....someone quite thick!
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Look's great how about that drive unit,is that a Tamiya product or some other manufacturer? How about climbing power and are the stock tracks up to the job? Sorry to ask so many questions but I want one.Saxondog
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

No it's not a Tamyia item but the differential from a Traxxas Revo Nitro 4 wheel drive truck. It's connected to the motor and planetary gear box from an old cordless screw driver
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Very resourceful of you,I follow your build with growing interest.Well done
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Thank you Saxondog
Update:
Well I decided to refine the axel supports to prevent it throwing the track and to keep the drive srockets aligned and prevent wobbleing of the drive train. I had a couple small nylon gears about 1/4" thick so I drilled them out to match the diameter of the aluminum axels, then trimmed them and epoxied them to the sides of the hull. I then made the inner supports from some 1/4" styrene for the inner supports. Since this isn't a race car the styrene should last along time with some plastic safe gear lube. Here are a few updated pics of the drive train and the radio instalation. I would love to get a sound modual of some kind to simulate engine sound that increases with the speed of the halftrack.
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Here's another vid of my halftrack this time it's hauling my Pak38 around

pzrwest - SdKfz250-03-1.flv
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Well I have done some more work on the halftrack. I received some nice detail items from Ron. I now have the dash, radio, front seats, front mg34 gun shield, and rear mg34 gun mount. I have removed all of the bosses, closed and filled the holes that were left. I made the left side benchseat/stowage bin, the upper interior stoage bin, lowered the front seat pedistalls by about 1/2", added the front tarp rail(bullet catcher as some call it), drilled out the holes for the gun mounts, added cooling holes in the drive train, perminantly mounted the fenders, built the right side exterior stowage bin, and scratchbuilt a fire extinguisher. Next on the list to do is build the interior bin in the rear right corner, make cushions for the seat and stowage bin, and make the rear jump seat. Here are a few pics of the work so far.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

very nice, its shaping up realy well
regards, ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Thank you [ICE]monkey
Update:
I have now made the rear stowage cabinet and the jump seat. I have primed them as well as the fire extinguisher. Here are the pics of the primed parts

Return to “Larger Scale Military”