Heng Long.WPL. Fayee Crawler Truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Heng Long.WPL. Fayee Crawler Truck

Post by Will01Capri »

They will go full circle.
They started with a truck, then another truck. Then people wanted 6x6 so they made that, then they decided to put tracks on the truck to make it like a tank. I reckon they will do a half track truck aswell and then full circle back to some RC tanks :)

It gives us some other possible service vehicles to go with our tanks so is all good
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Well if they do decide to produce a half track let us hope it is not an M16 but instead they make it a German Model we do not need to get on the familiar Tiger 1 Roller Coaster that started with Tamiya then Heng Long and then Taigen etc etc and still it continues with no sign of a Centurion,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good evening!
S.O.A.G., the build is planned for the cab over GAZ. This one will get a little detailing and some weathering and probably be left alone for Winter fun as Carl suggested ;o) I know what you mean about too many types of these Wonders. I saw the older type Chevy Dually in the post today and will be ordering one of them for a build ( since I found 3D printed hubs already that will allow me to run dual tires on the rear. )
regards,
Painless
Painless, tell me more about your hubs. I have files for dual wheel hubs that fit the tank modellbau tires just perfect, and if I have any success with this TPU I'll soon be printing my own tires.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Gary!
Good morning,
These hubs are on EBay and seem to use the stock tires that come with the trucks. ( Fat, Broad and Wide ) *chuckles* Here is a link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Dual-Mi ... 1438.l2649 I think that these would look really good on that new World War Chevy dual axle jobbie coming out.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I suppose those would work if you can't get proper tires, but IMHO they're just much too wide for that truck. At least half of the outside Tire sticks out Beyond the Edge of the bed and I've never seen a military truck where the tires stuck out past the bed like that. This weekend I'll post some photos of what I'm doing with dual wheel rims for the cckw. If I'm successful with the TPU I'll soon have rims and tires available for anybody that needs them and you guys know me, I'll sell them for cost plus shipping. I still haven't figured out how much it costs to print in TPU, but even if it's twice as much as pla you're still only looking at about $3 per rim and tire.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Also, the guy on eBay isn't real clear about what you'll get for your money. He says four rims, does that mean four dual rims or does each dual Rim count as two rims? If it's the latter then you're looking at $66 for a set of rims and that's without tires. Even at $33 without tires I think that's a bit High. If I'm successful with the TPU, I should be able to sell four dual rims with 8 tires for about $20 to $25 plus shipping.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Gary,
I hear what you are saying. I remember you mentioning your work on rims and tires a bit back and have been waiting to see what you come up with. I liked the side view on those Ebay rims and agree that real 'vintage' tires with that type of rim would look much better and fit the image of the vehicle.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The only problem might be spacing between axles. The HL trucks are set for the larger diameter tires (they'd be 42" full scale) so the smaller combat tires might look too far apart.

Here's the rims I'm doing now (thanks to Martin)

And here they are on the CCKW frame. I still haven't shortened the drive shafts for this truck but I think it will be OK. If not, I'll just drive the front axle in the rear, along with the front steering axle.

Wayne took the file and moved the rear duals a bit closer together but I haven't printed those yet. But I will! @)
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

2nd tracked truck arrived today :)
Charged up and put to the test. Did notice the transmitter likes good batteries. If they are rechargeable aa, unless they are 1.5v it will not switch on.
The 1st truck still has a faulty tx though.

Anyway put the tracked version to hard off road in the garden trail and it took it with ease. Much better climber than wpl/HL truck.

I actually think all and HL copied this truck! Everyrhing about this truck is far more solid and looks better put together.
If you want a truck buy one of these and fit the wheels. Details all better aswell
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Come on, now, Will, you know it's not real til I see video. >:< :haha: 8)

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”