What's in the box?

Lert
Sergeant

Re: What's in the box?

Post by Lert »

I phoned the store this morning.

After my original e-mail they checked the other Leopard 2A6 boxes for a correct box of detail parts to send to me, but apparently they all had Tiger parts instead of Leopard 2A6 parts. So they contacted the importer for the correct parts. It can take another two weeks before I have my correct parts here ....
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tonight I opened up my box of accessories for the Panther G Zu-Fuss to find an entire sprue of JAGDpanther sighting gear and towing C-hooks included !!
I really hope you get your bits mate :problem:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

HL QA needs to step up their game. One tank is an accident I can see happening. A whole production batch of tanks is unforgivable. And now your Panther, too? If you bought it recently you might want to contact the vendor to doublecheck his batch of Panther's.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Back when first viewing the adverts for the new line of HL armor, I noted along with others that the Commander shown was the same WWII figure from earlier offerings. I am not surprised that they sent along bits for a Tiger, Lert. I am kind of surprised that Herman got the wrong things for his Panther. HL has issues in shipping but not usually of this sort. I know that they will get it sorted out. Until then, Tamiya Sprues will offer up better details anyway, Gentlemen. Your tanks can only benefit from them.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Well, the TC figure can be explained by them just going like "It's a german tank, we'll throw in our standard german TC figure that we copied from Tamiya's KT". I knew this before I bought the tank. As for Tamiya bits being better / more detailed - yeah, but I paid for a fully complete HL and I'm damn well going to want a fully complete HL before I start mutilating it.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Lert,
I completely understand your stance. I'm not defending HL on this. I can only wonder what their marketing team thought was going to be the result of shipping ( purposefully) the wrong ( older tank ) parts for an entire series of new tanks.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

In my situation Im lucky, an extra sprue rather than one short or wrong.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Small update:

Now, a month-and-a-half later, I still don't have the correct parts. I contacted the store several times, they're dependent on their importer who so far has been unable to get his hands on a correct set of parts. I'm continuing to pester the store with periodic polite-but-firm requests for information, and have even contacted Heng Long directly for a possible solution. If HL cares enough about their PR image they might just up and send me the correct parts themselves.

After all, I paid 200 euro for this tank, and that's a pretty sizable sum of money, any way you turn it. One should be allowed to expect a good product and good costumer service for that amount of money.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I bet if you were to register interest as a distributor they would be all over you like a cheap suit.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Lert,
Herman has the right of it. In this case, I haven't even seen the newer parts and crewman for HL's set of modern tanks. What did the new Abrams come with?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Leopard”