Asiatam full metal elefant

tigerace007
Recruit

Re: Asiatam full metal elefant

Post by tigerace007 »

I will follow this build with interest Tom, I have my heart set on one of these beauties.

Stu
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

ALPHA wrote:It's almost ashamed you have to paint it lol

ALPHA
If the fit of the pieces was a bit better I would! However there's some gap filling needs doing so I'll going the whole hog, adding zimmerite and doing the welds etc.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:
ALPHA wrote:It's almost ashamed you have to paint it lol

ALPHA
If the fit of the pieces was a bit better I would! However there's some gap filling needs doing so I'll going the whole hog, adding zimmerite and doing the welds etc.
Sure is a nice model Tom.... wish I had your instinct for finding these Bargains :D
After seeing this one..you don't even want to think about the plastic one ;)

ALPHA
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Looking forward to following this one Tom, What do they normally go for then....ones being nosey this morning.....
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I think they're about £500 on tankzone.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:I think they're about £500 on tankzone.
Haven't browsed the Tankzone site in awhile...but that's about there if not Higher...thought about £650 ...so yeah...you stole this Tom :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

ALPHA wrote:
Haven't browsed the Tankzone site in awhile...but that's about there if not Higher...thought about £650 ...so yeah...you stole this Tom :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
I do my best! I think the only new price tanks I've ever bought where the hooben elefant and t-55 (and the t-55 was heavily discounted!)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:
ALPHA wrote:

ALPHA
I do my best! I think the only new price tanks I've ever bought where the hooben elefant and t-55 (and the t-55 was heavily discounted!)
You still have the Hooben Elephant right? This one is much nicer not to mention a nicer snag :haha: I'm watching to see when you score a IS 2 :D

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I'm trying hard to get an is-2. I had enough saved but banzi hobby changed their web site and since then the price jumped 20% over night! Trying to find out if this was an over site on their part. I can cope with paying £550 for one with shipping but £700 odd is too much
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:I'm trying hard to get an is-2. I had enough saved but banzi hobby changed their web site and since then the price jumped 20% over night! Trying to find out if this was an over site on their part. I can cope with paying £550 for one with shipping but £700 odd is too much
Deals seem to come your way Tom....I can see you scoring one for much less...not brand new...but fixable ..maybe in the £350 range ...that site probably changes their price when the yen drops ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Ferdinand”