My HL Panther G

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: My HL Panther G

Post by PainlessWolf »

Mag,
She is a Beauty. Great job on the details! The new Panthers are some of the best tanks out there. Just charge the battery and Fun results. Here is mine from last Autumn. They really got it right with the Panther. Enjoy yours, Sir.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Just a good looking Tank.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

glad the travel lock got there ok dave :thumbup:
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Wow, that's a good looking paintjob on that Panther, the added parts really lifts the appearance :thumbup: :clap:
Drammen Rock City
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

magman wrote:Just fitted My panther, With The HL 2.4 ghz Radio. :)
Just plug in and bind the handset, really easy to fit.

The tank speed is easier to control and turning is better. You can turn the sound up-down and turn the soke on and of from the handset. :thumbup:
You got the new gen 2.4 :D ....very cool magman.... didn't realize they were available in the UK ...it's the wave of the future ..that little box... frees up a lot of space doesn't it :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

magman wrote:The new gen 2.4 set is out on ebay UK, you can buy the 2.4 set or separate 2.4 mfu and separate 2.4 handset.
I will post a few more photos of the Panther G soon . :)

I will buy a separate 2.4 mfu, for my next project Panther F. :/

Sounds like a plan magman... the firing mech is going to be complicated though ...not much room in that turret ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

magman wrote:

Alpha, a few Panther Fs on this forum, I can always ask for help from the guys here. :wave:
Yeah I know.... several use Tamiya style works in them .... much smaller ...using servos... not really compatible with Heng Long

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Excellent job on the texturing of the paint, especially on the clothing! The scarf is a nice touch. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

magman wrote:So the HL proportional smoke unit arrived, what a load of rubbish. :thumbdown: The smoke came out like a putt putt motor.
This is the new transparent plastic model,I have put the original unit back in. :(

They do work... but yeah ...you don't get the same amount of smoke at idle like the standard ones ...you get more smoke as the power increases ....so at idle there is almost none

ALPHA
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

I too suspect that this is the proportional electronics rather than the smoker itself. I use the clear ones all the time and they produce plenty of smoke and are much less sensitive than the black ones.

As ALPHA says the problem is that the proportional unit reduces the power to the smoker at idle reducing the smoke generation and pump, so that you get very little smoke in slower puffs. As the speed increases the power to the smoker does too, increasing the smoke volume and pump. This however can be hard to see as the motion of the tank tends to disperse the smoke. The end result is a smoke unit which does what it is supposed to, but looks like it does not work as well.

Try the clear one out with the board from the non proportional unit, I think it will work better.

Paul
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

Thats one good looking Panther there, its looking good. like the detailing you have done. The tank commander is superb detailing and also the ammo belt on the mg, did you make the mg ammo belt or was it from a parts supplier ? keep up with the pics for us to follow. :clap: :clap: :clap:

regards

stuart
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC

Return to “Panther”