Ersatz-Panther.

palepainter
Sergeant

Re: Ersatz-Panther.

Post by palepainter »

Hi Alpha,
I am not sure about all of the regs yet Alpha. It will be my first season with them. But I have communicated with a few within the group.

I completely agree with you regarding the IR tube. This one will get covered up considerably with the construct of the Ersats faux mantle. I will trim it back accordingly after the plastic is fitted around it. It will only be protruding a bit. I do however, wish it was on the other side. :)

Pale
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

palepainter wrote:Hi Alpha,
I am not sure about all of the regs yet Alpha. It will be my first season with them. But I have communicated with a few within the group.

I completely agree with you regarding the IR tube. This one will get covered up considerably with the construct of the Ersats faux mantle. I will trim it back accordingly after the plastic is fitted around it. It will only be protruding a bit. I do however, wish it was on the other side. :)

Pale
I hear you Pale... as I don't quite see the advantage of it being how it is.. most IRs are in the barrel with the flash or sunken into the mantlet well hidden not to detract from the general appearance... Personally I don't know if I would want to compete if I had to have that extra tube protruding out of my tanks :haha:

With that said... wanting to compete might escalate the hobby to another level... as there would be a need for a "doppelganger" one for competition and one for leisure play :crazy:

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I get the M10 thing, but the 'pseudo-Priest' using a StuG always lost me. The effort into the M10 could have stretched to at least painting suspension details on the StuG Schurzen wouldnt you think ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

palepainter wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:"here we go" is what Mrs 'Painter' is thinking right about now too I bet !!
Think of it as a 'Germerican' tank mate, a bit like a 300C chrysler !
Hi Herman,
The Mrs is totally confused now and does not know of the inventory. :) All my expenses with this hobby are paid for from my musical hobby playing in a band on the weekends.

Pale
Mr Pale please tell me you dont 'busk' with a sign up that reads "will play for Tanks" ? :P
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Hi Herman,
Not quite there yet, but who knows what the future may hold. :)

Tonight I actually got around to some fabrication on the tank after a week of studying and researching available photos. Everything is just roughly glued up and lots of clean up and filling left to do. I am up in the air on the turret hatch. I hate to destroy all of the great work the previous owner had completed. I ran out of plastic sheeting tonight, must get to Hobby Town before Painless cleans it out. :)

Here is tonight's fun....
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Pale,
Too Late! *chuckles* Naw. You really have done your homework there! Looking more than just credible. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
lister fiend
Sergeant

Post by lister fiend »

well worth the research pp.
that's looking very good :thumbup:
i'm not sure on the priest/stug though.
i don't think it would fool stevie wonder from a mile away 8O
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Today was a beautiful day here in northern Colorado. I had to take advantage of it with some outside chores, but did manage a hour or so today. I sanded down the Tamiya Putty that I used to smooth the seams of the faux armor. Then I too some round stock and bent up some lifting points and secured the rest of the armor with mounting brackets made from flat stock. I also started the first part of the fake mounting bolts on the side armor.

I started the front fax armor today and got it all glued up, but will require a little tweaking with some putty in the lower corners. I also will be cutting out the machine gun hatch and all that fun stuff. Next up is the detailing on the front and then the preliminary construction at the rear of the tank.

I received a nice bit of information from Sassgrunt yesterday that pointed out a few things that I had not seen before. Thank you sir.

palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

And a bit more snuck in this evening.

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Pale,
Pretty *expletive deleted* amazing, Pale! Sassgrunt is as well. He assists in some form or fashion almost daily. *waves in the direction of Hawaii* Today was pretty amazing and I had a few of those things to do as well outside. Glad to know I was in good company *clinks glasses*
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Panther”