tiger rebuild my christmas project

palepainter
Sergeant

Re: tiger rebuild my christmas project

Post by palepainter »

I got rid of it. I left a few thousandths of plastic, I filled the back side with Green putty. I am just building a mid then some kind of recovery or SturmTiger. Not sure yet. I got some play money, who knows what is in the future. Gotta finish the Tiger first.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

palepainter wrote:I got rid of it. I left a few thousandths of plastic, I filled the back side with Green putty. I am just building a mid then some kind of recovery or SturmTiger. Not sure yet. I got some play money, who knows what is in the future. Gotta finish the Tiger first.
Well as I said... I left mine alone... especially after finding this board... and finding just how many things were wrong with the old HENG LONG TIGER...not to mention the eye I had on HENG LONG... and how they were improving their line... so yes ... who knows... by August many of their older models will have made full conversion .. with the addition of the 2.4 system for the definition of the old and the new and if not... I'm sure the new upper hull of the tiger will be an easier find :thumbup:

ALPHA
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Probably worth the wait. If I had not purchased these dirt cheap, I would have done something else. I have seen some nice prices on the Taigen with metal and 2.4 here in the states.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

palepainter wrote:Probably worth the wait. If I had not purchased these dirt cheap, I would have done something else. I have seen some nice prices on the Taigen with metal and 2.4 here in the states.
I have to admit you got a deal on those... I like your idea of doing a sturmtiger... but unless you do it with plasticard those hulls are quite pricey

ALPHA
daktari
Private

Post by daktari »

hi all
well a good day down the shed.
the shed or the lodge as i call it.
the sprayed hull.

i got all the wheels back on the hull great fun painting the tyres as there is no really sharp line between hub and tyre but these will be upgraded next year to metal ones.

had to do a bit of fetling with the idlers to get them to go together.
wound the idler ajuster back to minimum and fitted a couple of extra links the tracks will be upgraded to metal in the new year when funds permit.
hull with tracks and motor fitted.

fitted all the electronic stuff only got 2 wires on the left hand motor round the wrong way so we now have a running hull
the running hull.
so thats the update for today.
dont know how much work will get dune tomorrow as my wifes working and im daddy day care
some askif the tools were on pins yes they are so easy to remove.

daktari
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Everything I see about these Taigen\Asiatam hulls makes me like them that much more. Beautiful work there, Daktari. Thank you for posting the pictures.
Happy Holidays,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

That is a very cool work shop you have there!
daktari
Private

Post by daktari »

hi every one
heres what i got done yesterday

mounting plate fitted for upper hull

the old front plate proir to modification.

front plate cut.

front plate with new drivers vision port fitted .

zimmerrite and head lamp fitted.

upperhull back on the lower hull.

rear view.

thats progress so far will do anther update in couple days
merry christmas
dak
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent progress...looks like you have your timetable in order :thumbup: ...speaking of timetables daktari.... I couldn't help but notice your work area.... did you perhaps at one time model rail roads? HO OR O... as I also notice that control box mounted to the side in the background

great job :clap:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

By the way daktari... this is the first time I've seen someone use that pre formed zimmerit ... it looks great... and doesn't look like it took you too much time to apply it
now I'm really thinking it is the way to go when doing a Tiger :D

Thanks

ALPHA

Return to “Tiger I”