HL StuG III Build

fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL StuG III Build

Post by fv432 »

sorry for jumping in on your excellent build chris  ;)

crispy here is a wiring dia i made for my bulldog just remove one of the batts if you want

also shown is the charge point (deans connector) and switch plate for isolating the board when charging
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Thanks folks. It's taken about three weeks to get to this stage. I need to soften the front and back springs so the model is not so 'bouncy' and I'm still waiting for Darkith's DBC/DBU. I want to see if I can fit his IR receivers in the cupola.

Here's the charging circuit I use for my tanks Nic. Not as sophisicated as yours Rob but it does the job. You don't have to disconnect the battery when charging. The tank will only charge if the power dpdt switch is off.

Cheers
Chris :D

Abo
Corporal

Post by Abo »

Great looking stug there mate, gonna "borrow" a couple of your ideas there mate, you know what they say about imitation.........
Plastic scouser
Corporal

Post by Plastic scouser »

Excellent Stug Chris hope mine turn out half as good

Cheers Ian
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mackem »

Great work Chris, can't wait to see it.

John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

AndyD wrote: Taking note of what you have done, looking to get mine sorted in a similar fashion...

;)
Andy, have you got any pictures to show the world and the forum your work on your tank
Last edited by BREL on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

fantastic job mate, this is one great stug! i want one now lol .... :D :D :D :D :D :D

will have to do some of the mods you have done... when i get the time and the money lol :D :D :D

cheers mate, cant wait to see this beast in person! :D :D :D :D :D

Matt
AndyD
Lance Corporal

Post by AndyD »

BREL wrote:
AndyD wrote: Taking note of what you have done, looking to get mine sorted in a similar fashion...

;)
Andy, have you got any pictures to show the world and the forum your work on your tank
BREL, I haven't started yet! I have been looking at some of the links posted here on other Stug builds for inspiration. I am impressed with Grompix Stug and the Schurtzen, I then see the mods carried out on the return rollers and think that would be great too, but they would be hidden by the schurtzen! I would like to improve the recoil action too, but some of these mods may be beyond my own capabilities. Patience I have in abundance, however I also have a wife, a teenage daughter and an 11 yr old son, who all demand my time: Shopping, football (both kids twice a week) Netball (daughter) 12 hour days (Mon - Thurs) & 7 hrs on a Friday. I hardly get time to surf the net for inspiration/data! I may get a shot of the tank collection off and post that some time soon! (haha)

;D
HL Tiger x2 (one that didn't bounce very well!), HL Pz III x2 (one non-smoker); HL Stug III; HL PzIV and want an HL Jagdpanther.
Abo
Corporal

Post by Abo »

Andy, just checked your profile picture. It looks like my old dads cap motto, he was in the 17th/21st Lancers just after the war, he trained on Churchills then got sent to Palestine.
AndyD
Lance Corporal

Post by AndyD »

Abo wrote: Andy, just checked your profile picture. It looks like my old dads cap motto, he was in the 17th/21st Lancers just after the war, he trained on Churchills then got sent to Palestine.
Hi, I used it as my old man did a little bit with during national service (49-51) his main regt was the 11th Hussars; I do have an avatar of their badge somewhere, but I do like the 17th/21st lancers badge tho'. As a point of interest, he used to drive Cromwells, Charioteers and I think he had a spin in the Comet or Churchill. Sadly he is no longer with us, he would have enjoyed "playing" with a 1/16th RC Tank!

;)
HL Tiger x2 (one that didn't bounce very well!), HL Pz III x2 (one non-smoker); HL Stug III; HL PzIV and want an HL Jagdpanther.

Return to “Stug”