1/16 Hetzer

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

1/16 Hetzer

Post by xrad »

So what ever happened to the guy who was going to build a series of 1/16 hetzers???

I now have a little machine shop lathe (nice for the price) and plant to make a Hetzer down the road....

I can turn the wheels from brass. only problem is the tracks...I would have to use a set of Panzer III tracks...do you think anyone will notice?
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Re: 1/16 Hetzer

Post by Dietrich »

NO they will be too busy looking in Awe at the actual Hetzer to notice the tracks!!!! .....except for the one bloke stood in a corner wearing an Anorak and counting the rivets and the number of weld-curves per inch that you have simulated...he may also be writing it down ,hurriedly, in a small dog-eared note book,before he reports to another forum, about YOUR Horrendous errors :haha: :haha:
Seriously though.....NO people will NOT notice...I cannot even remember what the Czech track should look like unless I go and look it up now, and where on earth would you get a set from anyway ??? .........and actually having read what I just wrote...I think 'that bloke' sounds a bit of a wierdo....and maybe just a bit frightening...... :shifty:
Alb
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
xrad

Post by xrad »

Apparently my timing is AWESOME! looks like Bluestar has come through with a very nice resin kit with US distributor..

I pre-ordered one. Hope it comes soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-GERMAN-HET ... 27bdc74005" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hetzer.jpg
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

That does look like that is going to be a very nice model. Hope it lives up to the said expectations they hope for,in the over all detail.
looking forward to seeing this one .
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi Xrad,
As you say PERFECT timing......but its not cheap...BUT...it will save you HOURS and HOURS of scratch building...and squinting at old photographs trying to decide the EXACT size of a bracket or a bar etc.and of course the wheels will be correct.
Good Find.. :clap: ..but good luck drilling out the 210 track-links to have working tracks!!......Go Panzer III...easier probably stronger and no-one will know......you might have to modify the drive sprocket to fit.....but the alternative is 210 holes in EXACTLY the right plane !!! .....You are a braver man than me :haha:
Alb.
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
chris3
Staff Sergeant

Post by chris3 »

moin

Piii would be usefull but you need to change the roodweels because the tracks only have one tooth, but you need 2.
some people are using the 1:24 panther track, that will nearly have the exat size with 2 tooth.

by the why do you guys new the resing kit of christian juken burg?
http://www.store-juckenburg.de/catalog/ ... vic5vkctf5

cu christian
http://www.Ludwigs-Hobby-Seite.de

-www.hitechcreations.com-
xrad

Post by xrad »

There is a local guy who does casting.....these track links are very small...but maybe he can make them....

looks like delivery will not be until October 8O :'(

I will probably machine the lower arms and a set of drive and idler wheels . I now have spring steel sheet and a metal cutoff/bending unit. Good for hobby size. And then make the hull from aluminum...and somehow convert to RC....somehow...

need to get the kit first.

Maybe wechoe or asiatam will cast some linke for the Bluestar model???

christian juken burg: Nice resin kits but looks like more static based thn RC. BUT I do need one of his Tank Girl calendar!!!!! :D :D :D
xrad

Post by xrad »

Looks like bluestar site is up and runing, at least for pics of the kit.

http://www.bluestarmodel.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have had some email contact with owner. Seems like a good guy. Can't wait for the kit.
chris3
Staff Sergeant

Post by chris3 »

moin

a few mor pics about the kit would be nice.
its a very good price, it would be a nice addition for my shop, but first i need a few more informations.

cu christian
http://www.Ludwigs-Hobby-Seite.de

-www.hitechcreations.com-
xrad

Post by xrad »

Hi Christian,

As soon as I get a kit, I will post pics.

I think you can email bluestar directly on their website.

The owner was contemplating producing metal tracks/ drivewheels and did not know where to go. I suggested contacting asiatam as their tracks are very good quality at a good price.

having metal tracks, suspension and wheels would allow easy rc conversion for modelers. they would just have to fab an aluminum or plastic hull as this allows more room than resin hull.

Cheers

Return to “Other Builds”