rather confused

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
matthewpeter
Recruit

rather confused

Post by matthewpeter »

I'm sure I'm not the first to say it but I am somewhat confused about what I need to buy to El Mod my Heng Long Tiger. To save money I'd like to retain the HL radio but haven't found a definitive answer online about how to go about this. Also, I have been slightly put off by the amount of people saying they've had problems with recent boards. Are my fears unfounded?

cheers

Matty
Saxondog
Captain

Re: rather confused

Post by Saxondog »

My Tiger is over two years old, documented build here on the forum. Running the same Fan Cooled RX18 with zero problems and I have driven this tank alot. So my point is a fan cooled RX18 seems to last. Also if you want to upgrade to ELMOD contact Phil@rctankwars he is very smart about that system, Also a 7 channel radio delivered for well under 100.00us.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=10186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

Heng Long radio will not work. 4 OR 5 CHANELL 2.4 radio set up is fine. Cost about £50. Then you need the elmod plus the elmod blaster if you want sount. Works well with Tiger. I'm having trouble with Paner iii but that is not due to the elmod. It is good but expensive.
mic heinrich
Private

Post by mic heinrich »

I have upgraded both my PzIII and Tiger 1 from rx18 to elmod eco boards, they run fantastic and are a great improvement over an RX18 IMO. I had a little trouble setting up my first but with help from fellow forum members I soon sorted it out. I certainly recommend an elmod upgrade. If you are in the UK then go through Elmod.de or RCTANK.DE both offer superior service and after sales service and advice.
2.4ghz transmitter is required but as pointed out above are quite cheap and far better than 27mhz.

Mic

Return to “El-Mod”