modified HL suspension arms

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

modified HL suspension arms

Post by tiger205 »

hi all
        how many of you find it a real pain to get your wheels off your hl Tiger, panther,etc, its easy to break somthing when you pry them off, the way i got round this is.- the first thing i did was to drill the suspension arm out to 4mm, then i drilled a 3mm hole on the side of the arm in the middle of the 4mm hole, then taped that with an M3, i then bought some 4mm silver steel bar and cut some new wheel axles, i used 4mm bar because my Tiger weighs 11lbs, i taped a 4mm thread on the end of each axle, each axle is held in place with a M3 grub screw 4mm long, this done i installed the suspension arms and axles onto the Tiger then placed the wheels on the axles, i then put M4 nuts on, then ground them down so the second half of the wheels fit on. that is basically it, there is abit of fiddeling with the thread on the axles to make sure the wheels go round, but other than that it is quite simple, the photos will show you better how i done it. this modification works well, and all you need to do to get your wheels off is unscrew the nut, instead of prying the wheels off, and maybe, like me breaking something. any questions let me know.

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".

Return to “Tips and Tricks”