1/16 PzKpfw III Ausf M - Trumpeter/Heller kit with Taigen hull integration - Build

lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/16 PzKpfw III Ausf M - Trumpeter/Heller kit with Taigen hull integration - Build

Post by lmcq11 »

And the last set
1/16 PzKpfw III Ausf M - Trumpeter/Heller kit with Taigen hull integration - Build
28.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 200 times
29.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 200 times
29a.jpg (871.34 KiB) Viewed 200 times
30.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 200 times
31.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 200 times
32.jpg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 200 times

Next step, the tank commander figure.

Regards, Louis
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/16 PzKpfw III Ausf M - Trumpeter/Heller kit with Taigen hull integration - Build

Post by lmcq11 »

Kaczor wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:47 pm What an interesting idea with the screens connected to the hull.
Everything was way too lose for an RC model, although they are surely other ways of doing the integration. The schurzens are now permanently glued to the rails. It reinforces the rails and hull mount points by being held together. I needed to some some adjustments to the bottom fender mounts to ensure the Schurzen plates were strait and totally vertical.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Fantastic. I swear you are taking pictures of a real tank and passing them off as your model. I’ve worked out which are the model and which is the real thing. You need to scale the grass down. Oh wait you probably can and will. I really admire your skills, and fastidious attention to details.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"I swear you are taking pictures of a real tank and passing them off as your model." No kidding, Meter rat! It's incredible!
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Thank you everyone, The Heller/Trumpeter kit is a really nice Panzer III. Everything is well detailed and accurate. There is no going back to the old Heng Long model for me. However, if i was to do it again, i would choose a HL plastic chassis with metal upgrades instead of the Taigen chassis. That's the plan for the Trumpeter Stug kit awaiting a similar build.

This is the Tank commander, a resin figure purchased on eBay. The binoculars in his right hand were broken and incomplete, the part was therefore completely carved out. The hand was cut and repositioned to rest on the buttstock of the MG34.

1.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 138 times

Here is the painted tank commander on the tank. Again, i am not a figure painter, just doing my best here. The figure was given Verlinden decals for some of the decorations. When standing on the superb Trumpeter cupola with the custom MG34, it creates a nice ensemble on its own.

2.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 138 times
3.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 138 times
4.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 138 times
4aa.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 138 times
5a.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 138 times
7a.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 138 times
8a.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 138 times
9.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 138 times
10.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 138 times

Next step, the electronic, testing and running of the vehicle. I will provide a short video.

Regards, Louis
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Louis,
I love your Builds and your Figures! This guy looks like the tank backfired suddenly or he was goosed by someone in the fighting compartment! Either or, looking forward to your StuG Build because as we all know, We did not choose the StuG Life! ;0)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Such excellent work from our resident Master builder.

Nice work lmcq11!
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

MrChef wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:15 am Such excellent work from our resident Master builder.

Nice work lmcq11!
Ditto!
Stunning build as usual.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

MrChef wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:15 am Such excellent work from our resident Master builder.

Nice work lmcq11!
Ditto!
Stunning build as usual.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Thank you everyone for following this build and for all your encouragements. Here is a last post and a short Youtube video of the model in action at the end.
PainlessWolf wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:48 pm Louis,
I love your Builds and your Figures! This guy looks like the tank backfired suddenly or he was goosed by someone in the fighting compartment! Either or, looking forward to your StuG Build because as we all know, We did not choose the StuG Life! ;0)
regards,
Painless
Yeah, noticed that too. I repositioned it a bit forward but it seems that this is the pose, expecting the tank to brake at any time.

IMG_3698.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_3702.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 39 times

I took some time to repaint my old Heng Long Panzer III ausf L that i used during the build to compare to the Trumpeter kit. This is purely a Heng Long model without any improvements other than gun servo recoil and engine intake grills. At this point, if i want a Panzer III, i will just purchase a Trumpeter kit and use the parts on a Heng Long chassis instead of spending time and more money trying to improve the Heng Long upper hull through scratch building or else. As the Trumpeter kit is a lot more detailed but also more fragile than the Heng Long, it's good to still have tough HL to use in rough terrain. I just wanted to make it more presentable next to my latest creation.

IMG_3705.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_3709.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_3711.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_3713.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 39 times

I installed the electronics on the Ausf M and tested it. It's quite busy but it all fits. One of the headlight is not working, very annoying despite all the earlier testing. Not sure if it needs to be fixed or deal with it as battle damage... I am also having difficulty with the engine smoker.

IMG_3730.jpg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_3732.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_3733.jpg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 39 times

And here is a short video of the model in action.

phpBB [video]

This is it, the build is complete.

Thank you very much, hope you like it.

Regards, Louis

Return to “Panzer III”